2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Now that I am past the initial shock of the Biles situation - today completely feels like the start of a new era for Russia. Urazova and Listunova are set to trade titles for years while also progressing the artistic merit of the sport. Melnikova can take the role of the part-time elder stateswoman if she chooses not to retire yet. This was really a special performance. Beam wasn’t great but bars and floor were both high art performances for the ages (bars was totally on par with the US 2012 vault rotation) and vault was also very good.

A lot of that scrutiny comes from the fact that she got overinflated domestic scoring.

A lot of that scrutiny comes from the fact that she got overinflated domestic scoring.
For sure… But honestly, from the looks of things at this Olympics, it seems like a lot of USA gymnasts got inflated domestic scoring.

Are Simone and Aimee on good terms? It seemed weird they split ways right after Rio.

Biden is in a position of power, with the potential to destroy half the world. Simone is an athlete. No one is entitled to know anything at all about her. She’s not public property. Thinking otherwise is precisely what is wrong with the world today.

Uh, don’t lump us all together thanks very much. The media doesn’t represent all of us. There are plenty of Americans who are gracious in defeat - Michelle Kwan was the very epitome of that when she lost Olympic gold twice. And I’ve seen plenty of sore loser behavior from non-Americans over the years, like Plushenko when he lost to Lysacek in 2010, and don’t get me started on the nasty, often racist behavior I’ve seen over the years from certain European fans at soccer/football matches.
Nicki Minaj Eyeroll GIF

I would have to go back and rewatch but when she talked to the team doctor it sounded like she said “I can’t go out there like this.”

Do we know if there is a pit available? That seems like it would be handy right about now, but I don’t think they have one in the training gym.

I can’t remember if we can link to youtube here, but did you guys see this? I just love her so much - listen to her after the vault. If we can’t - I apologize!

Last edited:
As soon as she hit the table she froze…you can see her debate to even twist.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back