2024 Olympic Games: Event Final Day 3: Monday, Aug 5 (5:40 am EST) FLOOR INQUIRY REMOVED TO AG FX THREAD

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m on earth shattering relief that it’s finally over. I burnt out on Olympics after qualifications and have been running on fumes all week trying to keep up with everything happening.

Super looking forward to the new quad and being able to enjoy simple meets of little consequence again. Three straight months of every single routine mattering for something is exhausting.

I’m on earth shattering relief that it’s finally over. I burnt out on Olympics after qualifications and have been running on fumes all week trying to keep up with everything happening.

Super looking forward to the new quad and being able to enjoy simple meets of little consequence again. Three straight months of every single routine mattering for something is exhausting.
In spite of everything (injuries, judging errors, disappointing performances), the Games and the lead up to them were really fun.

But I'm super glad it's over.

Maybe they always felt this exhausting, but especially after how nervous the US girls looked in quals, I was just dreading something devastating happening the whole time. That being said, I thought the team and AA meets for both men and women were really exciting and overall satisfying

Maybe they always felt this exhausting, but especially after how nervous the US girls looked in quals, I was just dreading something devastating happening the whole time. That being said, I thought the team and AA meets for both men and women were really exciting and overall satisfying
Maybe it’s because they’ve done it before? But I do think that the huge profile they and the sport have in the US isn’t necessarily a good thing

Because Sabrina was groomed to be the star of Romanian gymnastics and usher in a new era of Romania being a regular feature on the medal podiums. Aside from Brazil and Italy stepping up in a big way, Barbosu was outperforming Sabrina and, to quote the meme, they took that personally.
To be fair, she's doing a decent job at that. She finished 4th on floor at Worlds and then made two Olympic finals, for one of which she is presumably the rightful bronze medalist. Barbosu is lovely but it's not like Voinea isn't doing her job (although I cannot stand to watch her).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back