2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes. I do. And until it is shown otherwise she is clearly entitled to that inference.
I’m pretty sure they’ve had a conversation along these lines since USA lost to ROC in prelims…

He wouldnt be bold enough just to post that on his public IG if Skinner completely disagreed with it.

Honestly I’m so tired of all this dissection of what Mykayla did/did not say, like, or retweet. Maybe she’s a shitty person. Maybe she’s not. I don’t really care that much anymore, and I don’t understand why people give her so much of their mental energy.
It’s hard not to get sucked in.

I’m pretty sure they’ve had a conversation along these lines since USA lost to ROC in prelims…

He wouldnt be bold enough just to post that on his public IG if Skinner completely disagreed with it.
You do not know these people. In fact you do not have the slightest idea.

amy schumer girls night GIF

This is still me

After her dad insulted Victoria Moors on youtube, the smart, non-entitled thing for Skinner to have done would have been to gather her family and instruct them to either stay off social media or only post positive things.
Especially since she knew there was a possibility of her going pro.
This greatly harms her image and marketability.
Honestly though, it seems that she loves her family defending her on sm.

Jordan’s floor performance was not a given though. She just watched her mentor and teammate publicly suffer and then competed two events she wasn’t prepared for, one of which without warming up. Who knows how that affected her floor performance?

You do not know these people. In fact you do not have the slightest idea.
Correct. of course I’m guessing.

But you’re also guessing that Skinner hasn’t just spent the last 2 hours on the phone to Jonas saying they would have won if Tom had selected her.

Jordan’s floor performance was not a given though. She just watched her mentor and teammate publicly suffer and then competed two events she wasn’t prepared for, one of which without warming up. Who knows how that affected her floor performance?
I mean, if you’re giving back Jordan’s floor, you might as well give back China’s vaults.

This whole “well if X hadn’t happened, then Y would have happened and USA WOULD HAVE WON”! is so typical of a US reaction when they lose.

I don’t mean you specifically - I’m referring to the US social media response to today. It’s inherent in US culture.

But you’re also guessing that Skinner hasn’t just spent the last 2 hours on the phone to Jonas saying they would have won if Tom had selected her.
I am saying we do not know. Right now all we have is her actual words. So she is entitled to the inference that they were what she intended to communicate until we have some showing otherwise. People are not responsible for what their family members say or do. Its like holding Jordan responsible for her mother’s actions.

I am saying we do not know. Right now all we have is her actual words. So she is entitled to the inference that they were what she intended to communicate until we have some showing otherwise. People are not responsible for what their family members say or do. Its like holding Jordan responsible for her mother’s actions.
You’re right. And I’m totally speculating.

But having watched their Youtube channel for a year, I’m pretty sure that Jonas has no fucking clue about gymnastics, and all his views and opinions feed from what Skinner says.

Skinner is much more involved in Jonas than Jordan is in her mothers criminal activity!

Right but my point was that in the situation that happened, having Mykayla or Jade on the team would have made zero difference because Jordan’s 11 still would have happened. I feel horrible for Jordan and I’m not blaming her at all.
Not so. You don’t think the shock of what happened after V had anything to do with Jordan’s 11?

Mostly shit her idiot husband or some (not all) fans say. She’s not perfect for sure. But her teammates seem to genuinely like her, and she and Simone seem to be actual friends. I mean Simone is the classiest woman period, but I doubt she would fake a friendship with someone - there is no need.

I guess I figure they probably actually know her better than we do. I do agree her camp is full of trash in some circumstances.

I just think she is a much better gymnast than some here are giving her credit for, just because they don’t like her.

Right but my point was that in the situation that happened, having Mykayla or Jade on the team would have made zero difference because Jordan’s 11 still would have happened. I feel horrible for Jordan and I’m not blaming her at all.
This is exactly it. Even a lights out Simone would have left things VERY close between USA and ROC. That 11 from Jordan was literally worse than a Sacramone-magniture error.

What does china think of Liang Chow. Isnt he the head of the program

I really hope the team that did compete can find some happiness with their silver medal. They really came together in a horrible situation and an Olympic silver medal is a great accomplishment, even if the US media doesn’t think so.

Mostly shit her idiot husband or some (not all) fans say. She’s not perfect for sure. But her teammates seem to genuinely like her, and she and Simone seem to be actual friends. I mean Simone is the classiest woman period, but I doubt she would fake a friendship with someone - there is no need.

I guess I figure they probably actually know her better than we do. I do agree her camp is full of trash in some circumstances.

I just think she is a much better gymnast than some here are giving her credit for, just because they don’t like her.
Agreed in full.

Hey – how about this. Fire Tom. Replace him with Chow.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back