2024 Olympic Games: Event Final Day 3: Monday, Aug 5 (5:40 am EST) FLOOR INQUIRY REMOVED TO AG FX THREAD

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Today's finals were a mess, I am happy Jordan got a medal, regardless of circumstance. I'm glad Simone got beat when her landings were terrible. Many of them looked quite exhausted and I can't imagine trying to use my legs like that after all this competition. I wish there was a an extra day off or 2 built in, but this is the nature of the Olympics.
Definite visible knackeredness. I found myself feeling very relieved that Simone and Rebeca both missed bars.

Thank goodness the lack of GB golds spared us from Sweet Caroline then
Or Build Me Up Buttercup. Or the one song that truly made British late night clubs go wild in a way I could never have conceived of before witnessing in person: Nine to Five (although that one is a banger, let’s be real).

Can someone break down Andrade's EF FX for me? Specifcally, some dance was downgraded?

I'm getting this:

Thanks
IMG_477A9CA0652E-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Can someone break down Andrade's EF FX for me? Specifcally, some dance was downgraded?

I'm getting this:

View attachment 11011

Thanks

I think the Memmel was downgraded to Element 2.203 / full turn with free leg held in split. On the second turn, her foot leaves the floor just as she finishes the rotation. While the foot is fully rotated, her shoulders and hips have not completed the second turn resulting in the downgrade.

I think the Memmel was downgraded to Element 2.203 / full turn with free leg held in split. On the second turn, her foot leaves the floor just as she finishes the rotation. While the foot is fully rotated, her shoulders and hips have not completed the second turn resulting in the downgrade.
Great thanks! So she meant to get 6,1 like I calculated?

Great thanks! So she meant to get 6,1 like I calculated?

I assume that Andrade was attempting a Gogean so the potential D score of the routine would be a 6.2. However, as performed, I agree with the downgrade to a C and a 6.1 D score as you calculated.

I KNEW that the USA had better watch out for Brazil !

Rebeca Andrade beat Simone Biles on BB and FX.

On FX, Rebeca Andrade, Simone Biles, Jordan Chiles, and Ana Barbosu did truly GREAT !!

On BB, Alicia D’Amato, Zhou Yaqin, and Manila Esposito did truly GREAT !!

For some reason, many fell off the BB.

The USA had better watch out for Italy and China as well.

José M.

@JoseM apparently there were many falls off beam due to the unnerving silence in the arena. The gymnasts were cheering for each other and the audience was shushing them!
I would have turned to the crowd and been like, fork all the way off. Guess Simone should have gotten Jordan to be one of her coaches on BB cuz that girl would have had the stadium rocking if that is what the gymnast (from whatever country) wanted.

I would have turned to the crowd and been like, fork all the way off. Guess Simone should have gotten Jordan to be one of her coaches on BB cuz that girl would have had the stadium rocking if that is what the gymnast (from whatever country) wanted.
OMG, I just realized Jade Carey is responsible for all that BB mess. Had she performed her usual FX routine in Q, Chiles would probably have been 2-pered from FX finals and thus in the stands cheering on Simone and Suni, instead of preparing for FX EF.

Anyone else feeling a post WAG Olympic crash/let down?
Like even though there's literally no downtime when you're at the Olympics and also visiting some of the tourist attractions and trying to figure out where to eat, I've been feeling really sad about not being at the Olympics still. I start work on Monday, so I couldn't stay through the closing ceremonies, but usually I don't hit the withdrawal period until after the Olympics and I'm already going through it now.

Like even though there's literally no downtime when you're at the Olympics and also visiting some of the tourist attractions and trying to figure out where to eat, I've been feeling really sad about not being at the Olympics still. I start work on Monday, so I couldn't stay through the closing ceremonies, but usually I don't hit the withdrawal period until after the Olympics and I'm already going through it now.
For me it was the combination of the high watching the US WAG (and Simone) regain their dominance and the low of watching that nightmare (from multiple perspectives) of the 3d Day of EFs.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back