2024 Olympic Games: Event Finals Day 2: Sunday, Aug 4 (9:00 AM EST)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m devastated. Based on her twitter she’s handling it better than I am.

Her TF score would’ve won bronze. It really could’ve been hers 😭

Meanwhile I’m so happy for Nemour. That’s how bars should be done. QQ was awesome as well.

The UB final will be both exciting and devastating. The field is actually the best in the world and sentimental favorites. It’ll be rough. I just want each gymnast to perform beautifully and let the chips fall where they may.
Late to the party but honestly, I feel the opposite. I felt similarly about the AA WAG AA. I genuinely adored everyone in the top group. I felt no stress at all because I would have been happy with whatever happened. I feel the same about the UB final.

Thank you! Beautiful routine.

As I sit on a plane at an airport other than my departure or destination city......maybe I'll get there today. Maybe not.
This might not help, but remember "No matter where you go...there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai was a philosopher (and a rocket scientist, brain surgeon, racecar driver, etc)

Liu Yang and Zou Jingyuan in 1st and 2nd so far!

I just want Qiu Qiyuan and Zhang Yihan to hit. I've been thinking maybe it would be better if neither won gold because I don't want them to retire immediately like Guan Chenchen did. Qiu Qiyuan wants to upgrade her full-twisting tsukahara on vault and I want to see her do it. I want to spend the next four years watching Zhang Yihan perform on FX.
I don't follow MAG closely, but the fact that there was no strain at all in either of their performances is so impressive to me. The straps that connected to the rings didn't even shake. It didn't even look hard for them.

China WAG is not having a great Olympics overall
They weren't great in Tokyo either. It's strange because it kind of feels like no one cares anymore. Their gymnastics has been anemic and erratic for the past two quads. They had no individual medals in Rio.

They weren't great in Tokyo either. It's strange because it kind of feels like no one cares anymore. Their gymnastics has been anemic and erratic for the past two quads. They had no individual medals in Rio.
How many TF medals (worlds and Olympics) have China WAG in the last 10 years

I like watching their beautiful videos of BB (though no one really seems to do anything great/different/interesting on BB anymore. Very paint by numbers. Beautiful execution but very samey-samey routines) but I don't like watching them compete. You know a fall or bobble is coming and it is always on routines they absolutely need to be hitting because their vaults and FX are so anemic compared to the other top teams.

agree. They still are the best when they hit, like qqy today and hopefully zqy tomorrow, but it's more and more the case that it seems to be the exception rather than the rule

The French Fed collectively puking atm
Are they? If they truly took a stand against abusive coaching practices, I can't see that they would be. I thought we were done with "the ends justify the means" when it comes to gymnastics coaching practices.

I'd much rather see happy mediocre gymnasts than phenomenal broken ones. I can't even watch some of my favorite competitions from the 90s and early 00s anymore because I can't stand the thought of the coaching that lead to those performances.

I like watching their beautiful videos of BB (though no one really seems to do anything great/different/interesting on BB anymore. Very paint by numbers. Beautiful execution but very samey-samey routines) but I don't like watching them compete. You know a fall or bobble is coming and it is always on routines they absolutely need to be hitting because their vaults and FX are so anemic compared to the other top teams.
I actually like watching them on floor too. Their tumbling is trash but I love the way they perform and I think their choreo is interesting. I just don't understand why they haven't figured out that whatever they're doing before major competitions isn't working. They look so good at domestic competitions, but always look completely depleted at Worlds and Olympics.

Jarman is tiny too. I was a few feet from him at the Brussels airport and it was remarkable.
Oh, I saw some photos of a media day thing that Jordan and Suni were doing with Hoda and some of the other olympians (I don't recognize most of them outside their competition gear) and you know Jordan is short but holy cow, Jordan is SHORT. I don't think Suni was wearing heels but somehow she seemed multiple inches taller than Jordan.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back