2024 Olympic Games: Event Finals Day 2: Sunday, Aug 4 (9:00 AM EST)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think someone here posted video of her coach not spotting his athlete in a way that seemed deliberate and not helping her when she fell. I believe the footage was old and I firmly believe some people are capable of change (while others are given every incentive to be best and consistently refuse) so I wouldn't want to say the coach is abusive but the past is a bit concerning.

Hopefully her parents aren't insane gymparents and are keeping an eye on what goes on. Definitely the French Fed's investigation finding nothing puts the coach in a better light in the present.
That was in 2009 with Yuna Dufournet.

He is definitely an obnoxious character.

Prior to giving the athletes the run around they had wanted Marc Chirilcenco to move to coach at one of the main training centres - so the abuse accusations from the federation were simply a weapon in a petty fight.
Not to say they are not baseless given how Youna was treated, but timeline doesn't suggest athlete welfare had any part in making those claims.

If you haven’t viewed or can’t watch somewhere else, these videos are popping up on Facebook.

What an amazing day for FRAlgeria!!!

Hopefully TPTB in the FRA federation are gagging on 12" baguettes without having any vin rouge to wash them down!

With a bit more time, Kaylia will be challenging for many podiums - not just UB!

I know I am very late to the party (it does not help that I live in a place 10 hours ahead of Paris), but OMG Carlos has done what he said he'd do. I remember in a news article he said that he is confident of winning 2 events (didn't specify but I am pretty sure it was FX and VT). And he did.

I am on a high.

And Keylia's UB routine??? DAMN.

As I understand it, the rough chain of events

1. French fed decrees that national team members must train at 1 of 2 national centres
2. Nemour refuses to go, so tie federation strips her club of its status and funding
3. When that doesn’t work, the federation says the reason for the 2 training centres is to protect the gymnasts from being overtrained
4. Launches investigation into Avoine club regarding abusive training practices
5. Nemour who has been mostly injured during this time, is cleared by her doctor to return to training
6 French fed demands she is examined by their doctor, who refuses to clear her
7 Nemour requests transfer to Algeria. France refuses, so she has to wait a year
I didn't read that article before I posted. More information definitely makes the French federation allegations seem more suspect. I do wonder how Melanie was able to train in the States if the location mandate was in effect.

I didn't read that article before I posted. More information definitely makes the French federation allegations seem more suspect. I do wonder how Melanie was able to train in the States if the location mandate was in effect.
The French fed are not happy about Melanie training in the states. She wanted to for a long time, but really it was covid that forced France to accept it. She is still affiliated to a French club, very similar to the arrangement that Charlotte Booth has for GB and Irina Alexeeva had for Russia.

Is this a deduction?

This isn't as obvious from the angle that the judges would see the routine:

In terms of deductions, it would be more evident in the outcome that the ‘walking’ has on the execution. For example, does this motion cause the pirouette to go off-axis(precision) or is the turn jerky(poor rhythm) because of it?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back