Women’s Team Final

2024 Olympic WAG Team Final (Tuesday: July 30, 2024) 12:15 pm ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I watched some routines I missed on the event feeds. Now I’m watching the Laurie feed again with my husband and kid. I wanted to watch the Terry/Sam prime time version but husband wanted to watch more routines so I’m putting up with Laurie for him.
I haven't watched any of it, as I've been working and then had my hands full with a home improvement project. I figure Peacock will have at least some videos available for awhile.

So I'm leaning on this board to get me through until then!

Yea. And to add to that I don't think ADHD meds can build muscle soo... My brother is ADHD and has like zero muscle somehow

my theory is shes so good at gymnastics bc shes shorter so its easier to generate power cuz there's less weight to propel
this is one of many variables. My guess is that her limb proportion, her much-higher-than-average composition of fast twitch muscle fibers, and a work ethic that is in large part genetic. Many other variables play a part as well.

this is one of many variables. My guess is that her limb proportion, her much-higher-than-average composition of fast twitch muscle fibers, and a work ethic that is in large part genetic. Many other variables play a part as well.
I think it is her low center of gravity. Short people don't have as far to fall and gain speed while doing it. Gotta make it easier to know the ground is that much closer to you. I've also heard short people just bounce better when they hit the ground (I kid, I kid).

So, as I understand it, you had to be put in a lottery to get a chance to buy tickets and you might not even get the chance to buy gymnastics finals tickets, right? Do we think Bill Gates and Natalie Portman and Serena Williams (etc) had to do that or did they get some sort of fast track? (I'm going to assume Bob Costas knew some people to get his seat (probably Nadia did too)).
Tickets were eventually released for everyone to buy and tickets for random select sports were released weekly on Thursdays as the Olympics approached. Plus there were hospitality packages and a resale site. My ticket for team finals came from a Team USA house hospitality package and I was able to buy my mom a ticket for team finals from the resale site. Our tickets for the all-around and the opening ceremony also came from resale. I’m not saying celebrities aren’t able to have strings pulled for them, though.

Last edited:
Tickets were eventually released for everyone to buy and tickets for random select sports were released weekly on Thursdays as the Olympics approached. Plus there were hospitality packages and a resale site. My ticket for team finals came from a Team USA house hospitality package and I was able to buy my mom a ticket for team finals from the resale site. Our tickets for the all-around and the opening ceremony also came from resale. I’m not saying celebrities aren’t able to have strings pulled for them, though.
So excited for you to be having this experience

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this but since it’s about what happened prior to the competition:

I did not understand the words but hope it was funny because I thought it was funny.

I did not understand the words but hope it was funny because I thought it was funny.
I saw it on Andrade's IG story and she found it funny so I assume it's funny. My BR Portuguese is rudimentary. At some point, I'll use Google Translate to uncover what its saying.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back