2024 Olympic Games: Event Finals Day 1: Aug 3

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

de Lima does as well, Brazil was 13th at Junior Worlds, and had no event finalists, witht heir top all arounder coming 20th. That is worrisome. Simialr to how Germany was held up for a bit by its long time veterans.

de Lima does as well, Brazil was 13th at Junior Worlds, and had no event finalists, witht heir top all arounder coming 20th. That is worrisome. Simialr to how Germany was held up for a bit by its long time veterans.
Yep, it's not immediately obvious where the next generation are coming from. I'm just enjoying this team now as though they're a one off, then anything after that is a bonus.

Is it an issue if they perform a different vault to what is displayed? In my head I thought it was. Has it changed or am I misremembering?

Once upon a time performing a different vault than the one you flashed was a deduction. Not anymore.

Once upon a time performing a different vault than the one you flashed was a deduction. Not anymore.
Great advancement. Next, I'd like the athletes in major competitions to not need numbers on their backs. Have their coach show the number to the judges prior to the gymnast starting and put an end to the tyranny imposed on us by the safety pin industry!

Great advancement. Next, I'd like the athletes in major competitions to not need numbers on their backs. Have their coach show the number to the judges prior to the gymnast starting and put an end to the tyranny imposed on us by the safety pin industry!
I noticed the track athletes had a sticker on their thighs

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back