2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I wonder what would have happened if they took Biles off vault.
Would she then competed bars, beam, and floor.

It might have been an interesting situation had Suni vaulted and given the team a 14.3 instead of 13.7 on vault.

But, Chiles’ 11 on floor would still have been an issue.

Reactions: L_R
Is that just rumors or is that confirmed re: what Simone was actually going to do in TF?

Reactions: MRR
I wonder whether these last minute changes to her routines, together with the underlying concern about why she needed to change them, created this heightened anxiety about skills that weren’t originally impacted.

well it certainly cannot have helped to relax. Particularly the beam dismount. Why would you have her do the harder dismount, as opposed to for example a double tuck? I mean I know admittedly little to nothing of these things, but it seems reasonable to me that you wouldn’t substitute with literally the hardest skill there is in WAG probably?

Reactions: L_R
And it’s interesting that she didn’t do it in EF if her twisties wasn’t affecting it.

She could have used those 5 tenths.

Crazy that Suni would have gotten silver (and Simone 4th) if Suni didnt have that huge break on the LOSO series. And now she’s doing it in NCAA!

Last edited:
The team final probably exacerbated the issue.

We saw the footage of her bailing on the Fabrichnova, opening up after 1.5 twists and landing on her back. This was after TF.

As I recall, he said her double double off beam wasn’t 100% solid, missing at least one, and the triple double was landing short.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back