Women’s Team Final

2024 Olympic WAG Team Final (Tuesday: July 30, 2024) 12:15 pm ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upon googling, don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place, she's 4'8" ??????? What????
A few days ago I saw a thing about Simone dispelling gymnastics misconceptions (or something like that) and one of the people wrote in that "gymnastics stunts your growth" and she said something, like, "Well, maybe. I'm only 4'8, so..."

A few days ago I saw a thing about Simone dispelling gymnastics misconceptions (or something like that) and one of the people wrote in that "gymnastics stunts your growth" and she said something, like, "Well, maybe. I'm only 4'8, so..."
my theory is shes so good at gymnastics bc shes shorter so its easier to generate power cuz there's less weight to propel

my theory is shes so good at gymnastics bc shes shorter so its easier to generate power cuz there's less weight to propel
You think that but then there have been quite a few other short gymnasts who haven't seen that kind of boost. I think her strength-to-weight is amazing. Maybe having the lower center of gravity helps but if it was simply being short, some of the countries would be scouring the countryside for the shortest girls they could find.

You think that but then there have been quite a few other short gymnasts who haven't seen that kind of boost. I think her strength-to-weight is amazing. Maybe having the lower center of gravity helps but if it was simply being short, some of the countries would be scouring the countryside for the shortest girls they could find.
I guess yea. And you'd think I'd be somewhat better since I'm only 5'2" but nope. Haha.

I guess yea. And you'd think I'd be somewhat better since I'm only 5'2" but nope. Haha.
It was also similar when some countries were saying that Simone's ADHD meds were what helped her become awesome and they were "doping" even if they were legal. But if that were true/possible, you know some countries would be declaring their whole team ADHD and giving them ritalin with the right TUE to make it legit. Since there wasn't a rush on it, it probably doesn't have the magical effect to create another Simone.

It was also similar when some countries were saying that Simone's ADHD meds were what helped her become awesome and they were "doping" even if they were legal. But if that were true/possible, you know some countries would be declaring their whole team ADHD and giving them ritalin with the right TUE to make it legit. Since there wasn't a rush on it, it probably doesn't have the magical effect to create another Simone.
Yea. And to add to that I don't think ADHD meds can build muscle soo... My brother is ADHD and has like zero muscle somehow

Ugh, NBC, the straight-on beam view (and bars view) should be used for a second, not for a good portion of the routine.

Loving the fluff 🤣

My question is, do literally all the US girls come back for an attempt at LA? Do we think they're satiated? I can see them all trying to get back here in 4. Why not? They're having a time of it.

Loving the fluff 🤣

My question is, do literally all the US girls come back for an attempt at LA? Do we think they're satiated? I can see them all trying to get back here in 4. Why not? They're having a time of it.
I see no reason why they don't. I also think Gabby wants one last nite at the apple. The 2027 season is gonna be 🔥

NBC going for maximum drama by showing the last rotation going Rebecca-Andrea-Alice (and then Simone). Which is so not how it actually happened and is pissing me off.

ETA: I'm watching on mute, so who knows what was actually said.

Same as Tokyo. They're literally just manufacturing the drama already knowing what happened instead of commentating the comp just playing out.

I hate it. Its so unnecessary. It was a fantastic, dramatic competition as it was.

So watching it, really pretty gymnastics just about all around. (okay, I didn't see much of romania). Only one or two with the super-cringey-chucked gymnastics while the other 35ish gymnasts in the competition seem to be really attending to the details.

Same as Tokyo. They're literally just manufacturing the drama already knowing what happened instead of commentating the comp just playing out.

I hate it. Its so unnecessary. It was a fantastic, dramatic competition as it was.
You think? I found it a little meh.

The fight for bronze was exciting, particularly last rotation when Italy faulted on floor, and Barbosa and Saraiva had not their best vaults, and GB was going well on beam, then the scores showing GB as “2” in the standings

I watched while out and about yesterday so I missed the action on here. My reaction to yesterday:
Loved seeing a podium with USA finally getting gold after Tokyo, and thrilled to see Italy and Brazil up there as well! Soooo many happy faces on the podium. Truly heartwarming.

Canada was a HUGE happy surprise for me. They did great!! Who knew!!

Watching the US men watch the women while wearing their bronze medals and cheering. Soooo much joy still on their faces! I love it.

I felt bad for Vanessa Ferrari, who probably would have given her one intact leg to be up on the podium with her team.

What international routines where shown in prime time?

They advertised they would show unaired content but want to make sure they show something I missed before I commit on peacock and the unaired content turns out to be a Snoop Dog interview.

Last edited:
What international routines where shown in prime time?

They advertised they would show unaired content but want to make sure they show something I missed before I commit on peacock and the unaired content turns out to be a Snoop Dog interview.
A few Flavia and Rebeca, some Chinese bars/beam struggles, a couple of Italian beam/fx. All of the US.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back