2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She could have been injured in the one touch or on her vault in the competition.

I think that’s actually a smaller advantage than I would’ve expected at this stage.

I just got the alert from the ESPN app about Simone being out due to injury. They don’t normally spoil things like this unless it’s huge news.

Last edited:
John just said they were told, per Simone’s coach, that it’s mental, not an injury.

Last edited:
Freaking brave to say it’s a mental issue.

Or self-protecting of the coaches to say it isn’t that she got hurt doing YDPs or some shit.

Jesus. Jesus. They just said her coach said it is NOT injury that Simone has. Its a mental issue. I am beside myself.

Maybe supporting everyone else with their problems depleted her.

Last edited:
Apparently it’s a mental situation for Simone. This is so very understandable. She has all kinds of PTSD that could be in full-swing right now.

Maybe she.had cortisone for trials? Injuries can get suddenly worse ?
No. They just announced it was a mental issue. I can not imagine though its a matter of nerves. Why now? Simone was under more pressure in 2016, wasn;t she?

I’ll be fascinated to see whether Grace has rejigged her beam at all. They could really do with a hit cold set from her now: for all that we’ve been saying how solid she is, so far she’s cost the US 0.8 in uncharacteristic errors.

Aren’t they also not allowed to sub someone in unless it’s before prelims? So that would have meant Suni would have had to vault.

It doesn’t help with all the amateur thinkpieces by people who have never actually watched the sport and only know about Nassar and only heard of Simone like two years ago kept bringing up Nassar in conjunction with Simone’s name. That has to be triggering for her.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back