2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

whats happening with china. i thought they would be better with beam

They weren’t bad. All stayed on, few missed connections. It was bars that didn’t go so well.

I bet they are getting hit for rhythm. They go for complex difficulty rather than big difficulty. It looks like they are taking extra breaths.

Yes!!! Im bummed if they lose, but that’s nothing compared to an injury she could get by not being focused. So not worth it.

Did they announce about Simone in the arena? Or just her coach saying something?

Lots of thoughts about the toxicity of the NBC / USAG / stereotypical American approach to things related to sport that I should probably mostly hold for later.

I hope Simone is okay, the wellbeing of these athletes is the real most important thing.

Last edited:
There will not be a Gold medal for US in TFs. Period. We are now learning what the US is without Simone and I am holding USAG personally accountable for it. Sorry for the rant but this is on Nassar and how they handled the post Nassar events.

I have a huge amount of respect for being able to say that a situation is fundamentally unsafe for you and would be detrimental to the team, and that you need to pull out and not compete. That is so incredibly hard to do and takes a huge amount of strength and courage.

Absolutely. It’s an extreme example of why it’s important to look out for your athletes as people and not just as athletes. If that is indeed what’s happening I hope they get raked across the coals appropriately.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back