2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m not sure she was. For all her ability, she wasn’t yet a massive star outside gymnastics and she also had an incredibly experienced team around her. It may be that Aly and Gabby already being Olympic champions was a help to her.

Apparently it’s a mental situation for Simone. This is so very understandable. She has all kinds of PTSD that could be in full-swing right now.
You could have just hit the nail on the head. As someone who does not have any history of psychological issues its hard for me to understand untuitively. But I know people who do have PTSD. And I know it is very real and I know it can kick in at any time,

Exactly. So much to trigger a panic attack, which could literally render her mind blank in a situation like this. I have been in a similar situation, and it’s excruciating. There’s literally nothing you can do in the immediate moment.

I guess we will find out if Russia can beat USA without Simone, as they said. Beam will answer so many questions. Well…it’s not boring!

China are nearly three points ahead of France now. I reckon they should probably be alright for bronze, they got through beam fairly unscathed. Two and a half hit routines.

they had to inform us. It is too big a thing to be secretive about what was going on.

I just remembered that NBC has a camera on her family. It’s going to be so painful to watch tonight.

Biles hasn’t been in a situation where other teams/athletes were competitive with her in a long time.

I mean, if the Russians can pull this off it will be a HUGE accomplishment for them. And USA still has three great gymnasts. But I really feel for Simone, she must be in an awful place to pull out for mental health reasons.

Eurosport just panned back to Simone talking to the doctor. She was saying no, no, enough and shaking her head. Very decisive.

Bad as this is, if she knew her head had gone, I’m pleased that she had the confidence to remove herself from competition before she got badly hurt.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back