2023 Worlds WAG All Around Final (Friday 10/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
CEST 7:30 PM
EST 1:30 PM

:vt:
  1. 🇺🇸 Simone Biles
  2. 🇺🇸 Shilese Jones
  3. :uk: Jessica Gadirova
  4. :brazil: Rebeca Andrade
  5. :canada: Ellie Black
  6. :brazil: Flavia Saraiva
:ub:
7. 🇮🇹 Manila Esposito
8. 🇨🇳 Qiu Qiyuan
9. 🇨🇳 Ou Yushan
10. 🇫🇷 Melanie De Jesus Dos Santos
🇺🇸 Leanne Wong (2 per country)
11. :netherlands: Naomi Visser
12. :algeria: Kaylia Nemour

🇧🇧
13. :uk: Ondine Achampong
:uk: Alice Kinsella (2 per country)
14. :australia: Georgia Godwin
15. 🇮🇹 Alice D’Amato
🇮🇹 Elisa Iorio (2 per country)
16. :romania: Ana Barbosu
17. 🇩🇪 Pauline Schaffer-Betz
18. 🇰🇷 Lee Yunseo

:fx:
19. :mexico: Alexa Moreno
20. 🇩🇪 Sarah Voss
21. :netherlands: Eythora Thorsdottier
22. 🇯🇵 Kishi Rina
23. 🇯🇵 Hatakeda Chiaki
24. :portugal: Filipa Martins
Reserve 1: 🇫🇷 Morgan Osyssek-Reimer
:brazil: Jade Barbosa (2 per country)
🇯🇵 Miyata Shoko (2 per country)
🇫🇷 Marine Boyer (2 per country)
Reserve 2. :philippines: Aleah Finnegan
Reserve 3: :hungary: Bettina Lili Czifra
Reserve 4: :hungary: Zoja Szekely

Last edited:
The thought came up in the MAG thread about if the WAG podium would be older than the MAG podium (22-20-19). From the top fifteen qualifiers:

Biles - 26
Jones - 21
Gadirova - 19
Andrade - 24
Black - 28
Saraiva - 24
Esposito - 16
Qiu - 16
DJDS - 23
Vissor - 22
Achmapong - 19
Godwin - 25
D’Amato - 20

It’s almost certain the mean age will be higher, and it’s highly plausible that all athletes on the podium will be as old or older than Hashimoto.

Her style isn’t exactly my taste either, but it seems a bit rude to imply she should retire because of that. She’s still one of the top 10 in the world! And I do like her determination.

As mentioned Osyssek-Reimer is in the all around for Ou Yushan.

What a great meet for Morgane. She was expected to be the alternate here with Djenna Laroui competing, but they swapped and Morgane ended up being crucial to the team final results. She made reserve on floor and all around and now gets to compete in the AA final. What a competition for her!
Out of everyone in the all around final, she is the most unexpected IMO.

This might not be a popular opinion but Ellie Black’s floor choreo and her performance was my favorite, bar none, of this WAG competition.
I actually think it’s a VERY popular opinion. A lot of people are saying great things about. I absolutely love it, and I am not necessarily a fan of Black’s gymnastics, per se. But this floor is wonderful!

I actually think it’s a VERY popular opinion. A lot of people are saying great things about. I absolutely love it, and I am not necessarily a fan of Black’s gymnastics, per se. But this floor is wonderful!
That is good to know. I will have to check it out, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. I generally try to avoid her.

Her style isn’t exactly my taste either, but it seems a bit rude to imply she should retire because of that. She’s still one of the top 10 in the world! And I do like her determination.
Honestly, saying I wish someone would retire because don’t like their style is pretty tame. If I wanted “nice” opinions only I’d be on Reddit, not here.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings today - my partner and I were meant to be attending the WAG AA final, our first ever live meet, and we’ve had to cancel our trip (due to my medical issues) which is incredibly disappointing. So I’m excited to watch the final but still with that slight edge of regret over not being able to be there in person.

I don’t think there could be any bad podium today, although I’m certainly rooting for Biles to take another gold and further cement her GOAT-ness. Success for any of them would make me happy at the silver/bronze level.

I am so excited for today! I’m leaving work early because my kids have a half day. So the good news is I will have it on at home, but of course kids will keep me busy. Yesterday I had the Men’s on in the background at work and it was so exciting! I would like any of the top four on the podium, though I do really want Simone to win. I would also love to see Melanie have an amazing meet.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back