2023 Worlds WAG Team Final (Wednesday 10/04)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Who’s that woman out there with Skye, spotting her on bars? I haven’t seen Liukin or Marchenko there during PT, TQ nor TF?
Could it mean she is changing gyms? 🤔
WOGA has two separate locations with different coaching teams. Valeri Liukin coaches at WOGA Plano and Marchenko coaches at WOGA Frisco.

Skye Blakely trains in Frisco with Marchenko, but her main coach that travels to every competition with her is “Coach Sonja” (Sun Haiou) She used to be a National Team coach for China before she moved to the US and took the job with WOGA. She was Bai Yawen’s coach.

You may also recognize Liu Jinru second from left.

Last edited:
WOGA has two separate locations with different coaching teams. Valeri Liukin coaches at WOGA Plano and Marchenko coaches at WOGA Frisco.
Thank you for the answer. I couldn’t find anything about WOGA coaching staff, only Liukin and Marchenko are mentioned there.
McClain main coach was Luikin (and Mama Liukin) when she as at WOGA, right?
And Lincoln is at WOGA Frisco too I assume, as Marchenko was the one spotting her on bars at Nationals? Is ‘Coach Sonja’ her main coach as well?

Last edited:
McClain main coach was Luikin (and Mama Liukin) when she as at WOGA, right?
And Lincoln is at WOGA Frisco too I assume, as Marchenko was the one spotting her on bars at Nationals? Is ‘Coach Sonja’ her main coach as well?
Yes, Lincoln and Blakely are together at Frisco, also Ella Murphy and Sage Bradford. Marchenko and Sun Haiou coach all of them. Sun Haiou goes with them to the training camps and international competitions.

Liukin had McClain, he currently has Gabby Douglas, Hezly Rivera, Madray Johnson, Claire Pease, Levi Jung-Ruivivar, and Ashlee Sullivan.

For longest duration between a gymnast’s first world medal and their most recent world medal I believe this is correct for Chusovitina (1991 to 2011). For longest duration between world medals, Barbosa would win (2010 to 2023).

Last edited:
For longest duration between a gymnast’s first world medal and their most recent world medal I believe this is correct for Chusovitina (1991 to 2011). For longest duration between world medals, Barbosa would win (2007 to 2023).
But Chuso medalled in between, several times. Barbosa last medalled at worlds in 2010. 13 years is a huge gap!

France joins Italy in pulling off a team medal finishing on beam! Australia in 2003 are the only other team medalists I can think of who qualified in the lowest group. That’s an impressive stat.

I’m so happy for Brazil and especially Flavia! Redemption after coming up short in Doha. Also, they beat the US on floor!!! Aside from Tokyo and 2010 Worlds, I don’t think anyone has outscored the US on floor
since Athens.

Last edited:
France joins Italy in pulling off a team medal finishing on beam! Australia in 2003 are the only other team medalists I can think of who qualified in the lowest group. That’s an impressive stat.
Canada did the same last year (qualified eighth, ended on beam and medalled).

D’oh! Thanks! I guess it’s never too soon to start taking prevagen 😅
Haha, if it’s any comfort, that’s about the only thing I remember from last year’s Worlds.

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this, but Scott Bregman just tweeted (“X’d”?) an update on Roberson; she’s apparently still in a boot and will be for another couple of weeks, but she doesn’t need surgery. No details on the nature of the injury but I’d assume a sprained ankle based on this info.

Brazil and Canada seemingly off to a solid enough start

Jade’s floor music tempo gives me stress, it just seems to get away from her and I feel like I am behind schedule somehow
dont you want to be in the pan am games

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back