2023 Worlds WAG Team Final (Wednesday 10/04)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Not sure if this is true but I think Gymcastic said that since they both submitted at the same meet, they aren’t in a race to do it first – it would share their name as long as either of them did it at any of their competitions at Worlds.
Thanks for the answer. The way I understood it (not sure if it was from Gymcastic) it matters if done in TQ vs TF vs AA vs EF.
Oh and I realized Hatakeda is in AA too, so one more chance (if no credit today) for her, and two for Jones.

How would the US have done without simone today?

Do you mean if Simone had been out instead of Josc? Or both of them.

Either way without Simone, somewhat different podium. A

If it’s just no Simone, they’d be capable of winning. Skye could replace Simone’s beam score, and Josc/Leanne can do enough on the other events to not lose the 2.2 point lead they had today with Simone. If it’s a question of Simone not being there at all this season, that’s an extra benefit for the team in this theoretical (assuming the other main team member selected isn’t Kayla DiCello…but I guess it probably would be, meh).

So thrilled with this podium! I have been waiting for Brazil to put it together forever. Based on scores it seems Jones was off today?

Last edited:
That was a wild ride there. I managed to stay spoiler free and watch the replay tonight. Thrilled for Brazil and France. Loved seeing Melanie crush beam at the end.

Yeah I mean if you suddenly lose Simone for whatever reason, that’s a big problem for a team that’s been built around her, i.e. Tokyo.

You need multiple gymnasts to make up for her loss, meaning you can’t afford backup all-arounder types like Leanne. Instead, you need some combo of noninjured Jos/Kaliya and Suni/Zoe.

And no matter what you’re still probably down at least 1.0 on floor and 0.5 or more on vault.

So a team constructed without Simone probably could have beat Brazil, but a team without Simone that also lost Joscelyn to injurt very much might’ve lost.

This was a really exciting and satisfying worlds team final, made me happy all day. 🙂

Who’s that woman out there with Skye, spotting her on bars? I haven’t seen Liukin or Marchenko there during PT, TQ nor TF?
Could it mean she is changing gyms? 🤔

This was a really exciting and satisfying worlds team final, made me happy all day. 🙂
Oh yeah. THAT floor 🤩
I think Rebeca, Jessica and Simone hit the best FX of their careers.
Especially Rebeca 😍 Her out-of-bound fest that probably cost her olympic AA gold is still fresh in my mind.

Last edited:
Her out-of-bound fest that probably cost her olympic AA gold
probably? You can even argue, as is, that she was underscored on VT and UB more than the 0.14 she ended up behind Suni. I think even with the one oob she might have won

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back