2023 Worlds WAG Team Final (Wednesday 10/04)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What is this harmonization of the US hymn? Are y’all too tired of hearing it that you thought you’d change it up?
Never has a people so loved to utterly butcher their national anthem like the American people. Some of the “artistic variations” that I’ve been subjected to over the years will make your ears bled.

In fairness, it is not an easy tune to sing. I’m a trained singer and some days I find it challenging. But, yeah, it can go off the rails real fucking fast

Last edited:
So Hatakeda/Jones triple L didn’t materialize today? I mean I saw them both attempting it, but not sure if they (or any of them) got credit?

Last edited:
Worse for the women, I think. Joe Fraser being out meant it was always going to be harder for the MAGs. He does a tremendous amount of heavy lifting in TFs. And they’re missing Giarnni too. Whereas the women had their core there.

I feel like if you are ever in a European club, ask the DJ to dedicate a song to all the Americans there, it is a tough call between Sweet Caroline and Don’t Stop Believin’ if you are looking for a sing-along.

This was a very enjoyable competition but you’re right, Kaylia on the French team would make the field super interesting, it’s upsetting she doesn’t get to be there. They had to count a 12.8 on UB. I would have much preferred China getting a medal, sad about the Ou Yushan fall, but there was talk she was recovering from another injury right before the competition.

Had no idea Europeans loved Sweet Caroline until last week. And the I head 5,000 drunk Germans screaming along…it was a thing.
This is where I explain to you that drunk Germans are in no way representative of Europeans.

Or wait, probably, they actually are, just not of the Europeans I hang out with.

I’m sure the behaviors I have seen this week are not representative of most Europeans. Just like the stereotypes about Americans can be wrong.

So Hatakeda/Jones triple L didn’t materialize today? I mean I saw them both attempting it, but not sure if they (or any of them) got credit?
Nah Jones wasn’t credited and didn’t deserve credit.

But for the life of me can’t figure out why they seemingly also didn’t credit her with this freaking hop full turn.

ETA: I just watched Hatakeda’s – I think she deserves credit!

Last edited:
Nah Jones wasn’t credited and didn’t deserve credit.
Was Hatakeda? I don’t think so but I am not sure.
If not, then Jones has two more opportunities to get it named (AA and EF).

If not, then Jones has two more opportunities to get it named (AA and EF).
Not sure if this is true but I think Gymcastic said that since they both submitted at the same meet, they aren’t in a race to do it first – it would share their name as long as either of them did it at any of their competitions at Worlds.

Doing some quick math on Hatakeda’s D score, it appears she was not credited with the triple anyway.

I vote save it for Paris. An AA medal and a team medal could put way too much pressure and high expectations on the French team for 2024.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back