2023 Worlds WAG All Around Final (Friday 10/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes, there’s no back spin in her routine, it’s yet another example of the written rules not being followed. In this case it’s a “good” thing, but there are plenty of people who go on their back during a beam routine. I bet a lot of other competitors wish beforehand they were allowed to take it off too.
Jones 1

Jones 2

Yeah, that’s not a spin. I’m glad they let her do it, but it’s not allowed in the rules.

I think the judges made a good decision allowing this and hope the rules allow this moving forward.

It’s 2023, there is no need for BIB numbers to be worn with pins, with technology now, simply list the BIB # with the gymnasts name on the scoreboard.

I think the judges made a good decision allowing this and hope the rules allow this moving forward.

It’s 2023, there is no need for BIB numbers to be worn with pins, with technology now, simply list the BIB # with the gymnasts name on the scoreboard.
I agree that in theory, the bib number should be eliminated or be able to be fastened by another means besides pins. The bib number does serve a two-fold purpose. It makes for audience identification to be easier, and it also is to hopefully eliminate the issue of athletes competing out-of-order of passage - which can also be a nightmare.

I agree that in theory, the bib number should be eliminated or be able to be fastened by another means besides pins. The bib number does serve a two-fold purpose. It makes for audience identification to be easier, and it also is to hopefully eliminate the issue of athletes competing out-of-order of passage - which can also be a nightmare.
Logistically it just isn’t needed with all the electronic boards. However it is a good way to get a sponsors name on every athlete.

Simone also lost her BIB after falling back on the Biles 2.

She did the Cheng without it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back