2022 World Gymnastics Championships WAG Team Final (Tuesday 11/01 )

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

China:

Tang AA, Ou VT/BB/FX, Zhang VT/FX, Luo UB/BB, Wei UB

Japan:

Miyata, Sakaguchi VT/BB/FX, Yamada UB/BB/FX, Fukasawa VT/UB, Watanabe UB. Leaving event finalist Watanabe out on beam?

Well this is all very interesting.

Glad to see Ondine sitting out bars for GB. That set is not happening.

For the US, I did have a feeling about Leanne on bars dunno why. Jordan on beam is, well, it’s keeping things interesting. Maybe it’s about what’s been going on in training too. I would’ve expected them to finish on floor with Jade though, she’s more to be trusted than Jordan in what may very well be a need to hit to win routine.

Well, Chiles on beam and Wong on bars - should be exciting!

(Tbf, as others have pointed out, there’s no possible “non-exciting” lineup on beam.)

Maybe a team strategy of letting everyone have an anchor shot? Spread around the confidence and nerves? Unless you have someone clearly the best on many events, like Simone, might be good for all gymnasts morale.

Both plausible explanations.

And for bars, Leanne is after all the reigning world AA silver medallist, so one of the biggest names here. She hit very well last worlds, one miss in ten routines iirc, and the international judges responded well to her. Those aren’t small things. Her mistake in podium training was smaller than Skye’s in prelims and there’s something to be said for letting Skye focus where the team need her most. Obviously this all assumes she’s hitting well in training though, it becomes harder to think of a rationale if she’s splatted all over the place.

Boo. Just discovered I don’t have Peacock. I did last year for the Olympics. I’ll just be following along here. I’m counting on you guys.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back