2022 World Gymnastics Championships MAG Team Final (Wednesday 11/02)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Никита Нагорный shared a post on Instagram: Ну вы поняли…. Follow their account to see 946 posts.

My Russian friend (who has no clue about gymnastics) said that he said:

“Here is the first victory at the World team championship. And now we don’t have the title. Now China is in the first place, Japan is second, the UK is third. What I want to say. International gymnastics association, if you need someone to be in the first place, call us. We are ready”

Last edited:
He’s a great ambassador as to why the Russians shouldn’t be allowed to compete.

If you follow the Nikita on social media, you will realise that’s him at his least obnoxious

Probably not a popular opinion, but I agree. This is part of their job. Every job has its shitty moments. It’s a couple of minutes and then you can go. And as someone here said: if you want more coverage, you have to show up at least. With one athlete, if necessary.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I agree. This is part of their job. Every job has its shitty moments. It’s a couple of minutes and then you can go. And as someone here said: if you want more coverage, you have to show up at least. With one athlete, if necessary.
There was no coverage to begin with! 🤣

Any coverage would be more then 🤣
No, fair enough, as a Non-American I have zero idea about the actual coverage they get and they absolutely deserve coverage. Still, showing up will help.

The only way they’re going to get any kind of mainstream coverage is if the team achieves things at the highest levels. I would imagine yet another interview about how they’re frustrated that they didn’t put it all together and leave with no medal for like the 7th year in a row would probably make people LESS interested in whatever they have going on. At this point it’s like, “okay honey keep trying I guess, let me go watch Jordan Chiles”

Exactly. The only American men I can remember getting any coverage at all (outside of gymnastics media) are the Paul Hamm and Danell Leyva (despite USAG’s best efforts to push that blond guy whose name I can’t remember as the star instead of Danell) – and these are also the only men who really won many medals at worlds or Olympics. I think Uchimura is more well-known in the US than any of the current US men.

I think Danell got press because of the towel and his very enthusiastic coach/stepdad. He had a “hook”.

I think Danell got press because of the towel and his very enthusiastic coach/stepdad. He had a “hook”.
not to derail the thread, but hoo boy, did anyone else see Danell’s recent twitter post regarding Yin?Sounds like a terrible way to grow up.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back