2022 World Gymnastics Championships MAG Team Final (Wednesday 11/02)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think I’m thankful that I missed it. The rest was bad enough

The US had horrible luck.
That’s the risk they took having so much riding on one score.
I’m not saying it was a mistake, though. It could have worked. It just didn’t this time.
The question isn’t difficulty v execution - it’s the choice to have so much riding on one score. If it pays off, great. If not, it’s a disaster.

I’m really enjoying that today’s festivities have caused the ads the forum is serving me to change to Japanese suit manufacturers and bodybuilding muscle supplements.

I really hoped everyone would be at their best. Sad.😦

IG2 is having a tantrum over the US men not talking to them after the competition.

From Twitter: So every team except China did worse in the finals vs the qualifications. The vast majority of them, extremely worse.

BalanceBeamSituation

FINAL (versus qualification)
China 257.858 (+7.929)
Japan 253.395 (-7.300)
GB 247.229 (-5.564)
Italy 245.995 (-1.666)
USA 245.692 (-6.603)
Spain 244.027 (-1.567)
Brazil 241.632 (-5.398)
Korea 232.828 (-11.265)

Ryu from South Korea
It was so uncomfortable to watch. After two rotations with no PH, the entire BRA/KOR PH rotation was falls. Not a single person stayed on. And then the first Spanish guy fell. It was surreal. The whole competition was surreal. GB made so many mistakes and looked finished so many times then it seemed like with a single PB routine from Joe Fraser, everything became possible.

I guess the post-Olympic Worlds is gonna be the post-Olympic Worlds, no matter how hard we tried to pretend otherwise.

Reactions: JDB
Hopefully Antwerp won’t be such a splat fest…

Last edited:
IG2 is having a tantrum over the US men not talking to them after the competition.
I feel like they should get a pass. They are disappointed and some guys who have more competitions to be ready for.

So let them decide if they want to be interviewed.

What was everyone’s favorite routine of the day, or pick for most underrated? I was into Arthur Mariano’s floor.

Exactly. US MAG athletes complain they get no press coverage. Why would any journalist go out of there way now?

Last edited:
That was a good one. And one of the few I’ve seen. When I return home I’ll watch everything I can find.

Not gonna lie, the US team met my expectations for the final.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back