2023 Worlds MAG Team Final (Tuesday 10/03)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

when was the last time america won a team medal

So what’s going to happen with the guy China replaced for team final, he qualified for an event final, does he still get to compete there? I’m hearing it might be possible in the rules for Worlds, has that ever happened before?

Last edited:
So what’s going to happen with the guy China replaced for team final, he qualified for an event final, does he still get to compete there? I’m hearing it might be possible in the rules for Worlds, has that ever happened before?
I believe if the athlete was replaced by an alternate for team finals, the athlete replaced is medically unable to finish the meet and cannot compete further.

GB put up a good effort, but even ignoring the falls, that HB rotation was too weak and it meant they were relying on US/China mistakes

Impressed with how Jarman handled being one of the main guys and Whitlock’s mental strength is just incredible. They’ll be good once Fraser and Regini-Moran are back.

I was impressed with Hepworth as well. He just had a bad miss on floor today.

Yeah 4th with three falls and two world champions at home is nothing to be ashamed of.

So happy for Japan and I’m glad USA got through HB today-much kudos on their comp. That was an exciting final. The falls felt more distributed than last year’s PH chaos but maybe that’s just my impression. Bravo to Switzerland as well.

Last edited:
I think what made the difference this year is that the USA finally had the vaults to make up some ground when Khoi fell off pommel horse. Also, Fred Richards kept it together on high bar when I think Mikulak might have fallen instead of winning the fight to stay on in the anchor position.

Last edited:
There was also a calm, confident, and energized leadership from Moldauer. He hit his sets and did a great job as captain to get the rest of the team in position not to survive, but to thrive. There seemed to be an aura of attack and fight to medal, rather than to accept the competition as it was. They could have easily given up after pommels, but they persevered. It resulted in a team medal.

So excited for them! I was following scores at work. Is there a replay available? Cant wait til this team get Malone back, they can definitely challenge for an Olympic medal!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back