2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wow, apparently our software doesn’t post action number of posts when it reaches over 1000. It just says 1.2k. Never knew that!

So I am gratified that I got to this thread without a single post report. Meanwhile, there are other forums online that have banned people today.

I just clicked on a random Facebook post about Simone and the comments were horrendous. I’m glad I’ve mostly just stayed in this bubble today. People here have been very understanding and supporting of Biles.

I know the big news today was what happened with Simone, but I just want to say how happy I am for Russia. They were incredible today and during prelims, and I can’t wait to see how they do in AA and EF. I really like their gymnastics and I hope this is the start of many successful years for them.

I think it’s inherent in US social media culture. People are ridiculous all over social media (especially Twitter and Reddit) but then totally normal in real life.

(Personally, I remember being mortified as a teenager when I found out that my dad – a very mild-mannered guy – was literally a troll on anonymous social media!)
Oh this is so true. I do not go near social media. Being annonymous turns people into some sort of evil version of themselves. (that’s kind of funny about your dad though.)

Except here! All us anonymous gym people are nice. Though maybe there needs to be a plan to exclude trolls. BalanceBeamSituation comments section was turning into a cesspool before they started requiring a login.

Ugh, Nastia just called a wolf turn gorgeous. Have we fallen into the Matrix?

Also, it is nice there are only two teams competing in this.

Last edited:
I get that they only have so much time, but the edit absolutely butchers the pace and excitement of the meet. It’s actively disorienting. Same with the men’s team coverage last night, it didn’t even feel like the same meet.

And Tim and nastia switching back and forth between accidentally dropping hints they know exactly what happens/happened, and then feigning surprise and confusion, is driving me up the wall. It sounds so jarring and I hate it. You completely lose the authenticity of the excitement of their reactions

Last edited:
Question — what (active) athletes have said something clearly in support of Biles today?

Are they going to skip the swimming completely tonight? An hour to women’s gymnastics so far without any other sports being mentioned is very unusual.

I kind of feel like it’s the usual actually.

Guess I try to black out NBC’s coverage each year. I do think they at least showed one other country in their coverage in Rio. But maybe China tanking so hard relieved them of that burden.

Was it one of the Russians? Because their control and confidence on wolf turns is impressive.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back