2020 Women's Artistic Team Final (Tuesday, July 27, 2021)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think they’re trying to blow through the gym coverage since the US lost. IIRC, when the US does well, they space it out throughout the night to keep people watching.

Or maybe it’s just the delay/swimming is live, so they need to edit it before the main swimming events start.

Suni has so much more mastery over the landings of her passes than the other US women. Well, the last pass could have been a little better.

I also question why the US elite gymnasts struggle more with front double fulls than the NCAA gymnasts who do them. They need to give a clinic or something.

Last edited:
Legit classy when talking to Mike Tirico. More of that, less of the red carpet stuff, Nas.

(did we see her in-broadcast outfit? I was playing phone games while she was talking)

I love how Simone just didn’t answer Andrea.
Andrea said “so you’ve got no more to say about withdrawing Simone?” And Simone clearly says no.

So then Andrea interviews the others.

And then goes BACK to Simone and is like “so is it a physical injury Simone??”

Once I was setting up a double back from a trampoline onto a mat. I got lost in the air, did a back 1.25 to my back, and thought that the world was sideways for a split second. And I scrambled backwards immediately, terrified that I was going to “fall into the void” as it felt like what was simply straight ahead of me was actually directly below me, if that makes sense, and the flat mat I was laying on was actually a vertical wall. It didn’t develop a mental block, but it scared the crap out of me. Nobody could understand what I was talking about until the same exact thing happened to a friend literally two days later. Not exactly the “twisties” I guess but getting lost in the air can be very scary

Last edited:
@Denn https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/57992327 - quotes many athletes supporting her

I wondered as I was falling asleep at 2am last night (so take it with a beach of salt) that maybe Simone would have been happier in the individual place rather than on the team. She was quoted saying that she was determined to do gymnastics for herself now and that once she got to Tokyo, she started to feel like she was doing it for somebody else again. Of course hindsight is 20/20, but if she had it, I wonder whether the individual spot would have suited her goals better. Another option going forward might be to compete for Belize, to kill the American media and public pressure?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back