US WAG Olympic trials Night 2 (LIVE DISCUSSION)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I was just saying the same to my sister. Simone doesn’t have the massive cushion she used to. And come Tokyo, she doesn’t have a previous day’s scores to keep her propped up in the finals. A night like tonight would create the biggest upset in gymnastics since Pod only knows when.

Please why are these semi-reliable Twitter sources of info decrying Skinner’s selection?? Clearly Tim got to them lol

Skinner gets screwed in 2016 and 2019 when she came 4th AA but “didn’t fill the right holes.” Then gets screwed again in 2021 when she would have actually been the highest scoring team.

Last edited:
I was going to say Sydney and the vault disaster, but wasn’t sure if that was the biggest upset.

Right? And even now, she doesn’t fill the right holes. Putting her on the core team would leave gaping holes on UB and BB.

And that is why Skinner is the plus one even though trying for another bars medal (Riley) was more logical.

I do hope for Skinner’s sake that she doesn’t post a raw (tacky) video that she will regret when she “grows up.”

Now skinner got her +1 spot wouldnt it be smarter for her to train only vt and fx for the olympics?
I mean she could have a real shot on vt. And could figure in on fx in case the others fail and she make some execution adjustments

One thing I will say, I liked how Tim and Nastia were confident predicting Jordan would make the team. In the Martha years, you couldn’t even say that Simone would make the team, you had to add weasel language in there because you never knew what Martha’s whims were and who was already out in her mind.

Now you know her team will not be smart enough to do that. They’re going to work on that Bhardwaj and delude themselves that she could be the second AAer.

Now skinner got her +1 spot wouldnt it be smarter for her to train only vt and fx for the olympics?
I mean she could have a real shot on vt. And could figure in on fx in case the others fail and she make some execution adjustments
Not training UB/BB for three weeks will make no difference in her VT/FX ability. If someone gets hurt, she and Jade are the built in alternates.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back