US WAG Olympic trials Night 2 (LIVE DISCUSSION)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think they might have chosen differently if something really wacky had happened Zoe Miller getting 4th (because all the other contenders fell on bars and beam or something) but the numbers really were a wash so if Leanne hadn’t messed up beam on night 1, she’d be on the team over Grace.

Last edited:
His logic is awful to me. I had the same team, but the reason for McCallum wasn’t “She’s fourth.” It’s “She’s usable on three events in TF, even if it’s not the first choice, and while her scores at Championships were lower than expected, she was coming back from injury and is showing the exact level of improvement we expect to see from someone peaking. Someone with a usable vault score for TF who is ranked 5-5-4 across events is a better choice for a competition where we don’t want to have to strip an athlete of credentials than the athlete who brings in another tenth, but is ranked 9-7-7 across the other events.”

Uuuggghhhhhhhhh

Jessica. No no no no no.

Please just stop.

How do I downvote this lol

I mean, I wouldn’t really blame Skinner for being frustrated. She handily beat Grace’s VT/FX scores across the four rounds of selection meets, edged her on bars, but got wrecked on beam. That’s got to be a hard pill to swallow.

For sure it wont make diference. But could make it more comfortable to focus on her main events.

Whatever im not a fan of hers at all

Jade will be mad thats she’s not gotta bust some balls getting into vault finals.

I mean, I wouldn’t really blame Skinner for being frustrated. She handily beat Grace’s VT/FX scores across the four rounds of selection meets, edged her on bars, but got wrecked on beam. That’s got to be a hard pill to swallow.
I can’t imagine all the different things she must be feeling. I hope they all get some time to themselves, or with people they trust to sit down and just have a chance to feel and figure out all the things they’re feeling. Everything’s going to be a whirlwind for the next month. I think I read that the women’s team is being flown straight to NY for an interview? They will not have any time to process.

With three of them now doing two vaults in prelims, I wonder how this changes Simone’s strategy. I realize she’s the best vaulter of the three, but she’ll need to land like it since they could all be vaulting the same vaults too.

“I never think that this is my last, because that’s where the emotions come from. I was super emotional this week, but for various reasons […] Everything I’ve been through with USAG and finding the love for the sport again and just being Simone, it’s been a long journey to now.”

My mental health shudders in awe at her ability to compartmentalize tbqh.

Argh GymCastic just added an hour ETA to BTS, definitely going to bed now.

This was fun all. I didn’t post much during the meet because I was zooming with people and double screening, but I did read everything.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back