Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

selection-reports-2

When And Where​

701 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101
Map

Schedule:
All times are Central and subject to change.
  • Thursday, June 24, 2021 – Men Day 1 – 5:00 p.m.
  • Friday, June 25, 2021 – Women Day 1 – 6:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, June 26, 2021 – Men Day 2 – 1:30 p.m.
  • Sunday, June 27, 2021 – Women Day 2 – 7:00 p.m.
Broadcasts (in CDT):
  • June 24 – Men Day 1 – 5:30 p.m. – NBCSN
  • June 25 – Women Day 1 – 7:00 p.m. – NBC
  • June 26 – Men Day 2 – 3:00 p.m. – NBC
  • June 27 – Women Day 2 – 7:30 p.m.
All sessions will stream on NBCSports.com/live.

Start Lists:
Eighteen individuals were selected to the U.S. Senior Women’s National Team at the event’s conclusion and will advance to the U.S. Olympic Team Trials later in the month, and USA Gymnastics may name additional gymnasts:
  • Simone Biles, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
  • Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
  • Jade Carey, Phoenix, Ariz./Arizona Sunrays
  • Jordan Chiles, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
  • Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill’s Gymnastics
  • Amari Drayton, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
  • Kara Eaker, Grain Valley, Mo./Great American Gymnastics Express
  • Addison Fatta, Wrightsville, Pa./Prestige Gymnastics
  • Shilese Jones, Westerville, Ohio/Future Gymnastics Academy
  • Emily Lee, Los Gatos, Calif./West Valley Gymnastics School
  • Sunisa Lee, St. Paul, Minn./Midwest Gymnastics Center
  • Emma Malabuyo, Flower Mound, Texas/Texas Dreams
  • Grace McCallum, Isanti, Minn./Twin City Twisters
  • Riley McCusker, Brielle, N.J./Arizona Sunrays
  • Zoe Miller, Spring, Texas, World Champions Centre
  • Ava Siegfeldt, Williamsburg, Va./World Class Gymnastics
  • MyKayla Skinner, Gilbert, Ariz./Desert Lights Gymnastics
  • Leanne Wong, Overland Park, Kan./Great American Gymnastics Express
I’m currently operating under the assumption that these MAG individuals will be also participating in the Olympic Team Trials:
  • Allan Bower, Chandler, Ariz./University of Oklahoma
  • Brandon Briones, Gilbert, Ariz./Stanford University
  • Alex Diab, Glen Ellyn, Ill./University of Illinois
  • Gage Dyer, Yukon, Okla./University of Oklahoma
  • Ian Gunther, Houston, Texas/Stanford University
  • Brody Malone, Belfast, Tenn./Stanford University
  • Sam Mikulak, Newport Coast, Calif./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
  • Akash Modi, Morganville, N.J./Stanford University
  • Yul Moldauer, Arvada, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
  • Stephen Nedoroscik, Worcester, Mass./Penn State University
  • Eddie Penev, Penfield, N.Y./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
  • Shane Wiskus, Spring Park, Minn./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
  • Cameron Bock, Ann Arbor, Mich./University of Michigan
  • Vitaliy Guimaraes, Norman, Okla./University of Oklahoma
  • Paul Juda, Deerfield, Ill./University of Michigan
  • Riley Loos, El Dorado Hills, Calif./Stanford University
  • Donnell Whittenburg, New Berlin, Wis./Salto Gymnastics

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m going to have to look up gymnasts like Fatta, Drayton, Miller, and Siegfeldt on youtube. I’ve no idea who they are, nor what their gymnastics looks like - no thanks to NBC and their craptacular coverage.

Last edited:
I like Siegfeldt. She caught my eye a few days ago when reliving Classics. That doesn’t mean she a) should have been named to the national team, or b) proceed to trials when she has absolutely zero chance of being named to the team.

There are some there I also need to look up.

Is there a camp before Trials?

Really good read to summarize some of the lower ranked athletes who qualified to trials.

Everyone is in an uproar because they made it but Hurd (who didn’t earn it) Memmel (who didn’t earn it) and Finnegan( who didn’t earn it) were all left off but because of their name should have been named to Trials apparently.

However, every Olympic Trials has competitors that do not have a chance at making the Olympics, but it is still an honor for them to compete. Not to mention that various athletes that competed at Olympic Trials later had success in the following quad. USAG will need some of these athletes like Drayton, Fatta, Miller, and Siegfeldt to potentially step up in the near future after the mass retirements post Olympics. Giving them the opportunity to compete at Olympic Trials builds confidence and gives valuable experience.

There is no camp before Trials. Nationals and Trials are about two weeks apart.

Marta never had a camp before Trials. She liked to have a selection camp two weeks after Trials, but was only able to do this twice, in 2004 and 2008. In 2012 and 2016 the team had to be named at Trials because of the timing of the event and USOC’s deadline to submit the teams.

The next camp this year will be the training camp for just the already named team + alternates right before the team gets on the plane for Tokyo.

Then there’s a selection camp in September to choose the 2021 Worlds team.

Because NBC has such a full schedule of quality programming… (not saying you are wrong, just railing about nbcs shifty coverage. Wasn’t sure if the tone of the comment was clear)

Last edited:
I thought the scheduling was being driven by the NHL playoff schedule, which NBC has the rights to. But the semifinals are being shown only on NBC’s cable channels. Unless they’re holding time for the finals in case both series end in 4 or 5 games and they can start the finals Saturday.

Saturday afternoon is a common time slot for sports coverage. NBC cares most about EST time zone and probably doesn’t want to interrupt local affiliates’ evening news broadcasts.

It’s really frustrating because I watched diving Olympics Trials yesterday and they had to switch the afternoon coverage to CNBC for the first hour because car racing went long, and then for the last half hour the diving was on NBC. It’s terrible. You should not have to change channels to watch a sporting event.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back