US Championships 2022 (Aug 18-21)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I thought she looked okay overall, with slightly reduced difficulty and needs to stretch the splits a bit (but that’s not new). Definitely not seeing dogshit unless that happened when I wasn’t watching. I don’t expect her to win or anything, but I expect her to be in the conversation.

I thought Jordan’s DTY looked good. Bars, needs tidying but potential there, especially with it being a relatively weak event for the US. Beam and floor more patchy. I still don’t like her wolf turn. The acro on her beam is still mostly very good but those split positions on the leaps! 36 seconds in here. Surely she can do better than that?!

If we’re to buy the original reason why she does it, it evidently hasn’t worked.

I’m shocked WOGA is allowing her to continue to bite her leo.

I would imagine that whatever the issue, it was so bad to led to her competing whilst biting her leotard, it is probably something that will take a lot of undoing and sorting out

Right. Gives an awful impression. Can you imagine that going up on a Worlds podium?!

Jordan’s DTY looked good. Bars, needs tidying but potential there, especially with it being a relatively weak event for the US. Beam and floor more patchy.
Her block has regressed IMO. Lots of pre-turn. Bars - feet! Look at the Tkatchev and Pak. She never flexed her feet like that.

I noticed that she only did a FTY in Stuttgart (I think…), and she was not biting her leo. I felt like that was a rather deliberate decision.

She didn’t, and I don’t get where it’s come from now. It’s not like the skills are too hard for her.

WRT vault, that DTY will score competitively. I think the bigger issue for her is that the team are likely to be strong on the event already so it’s not particularly a point in her favour. If Shilese, Konnor and Jade are all on the team then they won’t need it.

I feel like the team is Konnor, Jade, Leanne and Shilese pretty much locked in.

The fifth spot is a crapshoot between 3 or 4 girls. Like you say @ArnoldRimmer, with those 4 on the team, another good DTY isn’t really a vote-winner. USA needs a beamer with nice lines and good body shapes in dance elements and good clean handstands on bars.

@irichluck21 was saying how this would have been a perfect spot for Suni and I wonder whether she regrets not just competing bars and beam this year. she perfectly fills the current Team USA hole.

The world selection procedures make it very clear that past Olympians and World team members can petition directly to world selection camp. Wonder if USAG leadership is furiously working behind the scenes to convince Suni to do so.

I might’ve missed it, but I did watch WOGA’s junior vault rotation and didn’t notice Ella Kate biting her leo. She did seem to be having a bit of an off day though and I didn’t even see her get around to twisting any of her vaults that I remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
It’s an interesting thought. On the one hand, this is not a dominant looking US team and Suni could fill the gaps around the probably locks beautifully. Otoh, she’s dicing with burnout with the schedule she’s had over the past year, plus the US stand a decent chance of winning worlds even with a relatively weak team given the absence of Russia and D’Amato. The biggest threat at the moment would be if China decide they’ve had enough of politically motivated selection fails.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back