US WAG Olympic trials Night 2 (LIVE DISCUSSION)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The alternates were literally the rest of the top 9 AA from Night 2 who weren’t already named.

Yeah, throw the girl a bone. If you have to quarantine your whole team (because the +1 athletes are probably training with the team), you need 5 replacement athletes. (Jade being unreplaceable)

Last edited:
As much as I can see reasoning for the selection, I would really like to know that Tom is capable of strategically picking a team and not just taking top AA.

I am hearing that a 5th gymnast was offered an alternate spot, which was turned down. So that could explain 4 alternates and not 5.

Unsure who it could have been though.

The LAST thing Jade wanted was for Skinner to make this team.

All I can imagine is Riley refused an alternate spot? But I don’t see why you wouldn’t name someone else just to have all the potential spots filled.

The team + the alternates was literally the top 9 AA from Trials Night 2.

My gymnerd zoom group discussed Skinner as the +1 but we were still taken aback when it happened. Thrilled for McCallum and Skinner, gutted for Riley. Vault qualifications will be fun!

Unless it was announced to the group… and then that gymnast said no thanks.

I got a text…so not confirmed.

Last edited:
Aright, I’m going to go try to get some sleep. Which will be hilarious given the competition and the heat in my apartment. But gotta try. It’s been a gas, folks, as always!

I would really like to know that Tom is capable of strategically picking a team and not just taking top AA.
He didn’t take top AA in 2018 (left off Smith, 5th at World Selection Camp) or 2019 (left off Skinner, she was 4th at World Selection Camp.)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back