2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 1 (6/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

White was unable to compete. She had to be replaced. The main issue was that Tasha did UB/BB in prelims where Beckermann was more valuable and could get higher scores.
But Beckermann was inconsistent whereas Tasha was consistent. IIRC, Beckermann couldn;t take her ADHD medication because it was a banned substance and as a result had trouble focusing.
It was also a very different competition format. Nowadays the USA can survive with 3 AAers.

Worst case you have Jade Carey do aa in TF.
People forget she made two AA finals before. Tokyo and Liverpool.
I did forget about Liverpool.

I suppose I also forget that Simone Jade Suni and Jordan have a lot more competition experience since Tokyo and are likely to respond well to surprises or needing to step up.

Losing Simone’s routines in Tokyo was a pretty bad scenario and is unlikely to be repeated.

She talked about having to give back her credential and having some of the official gear taken away, I believe.
It is unfortunate that White had to give this up BUT in 2000 IOC no longer recognized alternates, once White was replaced she was essentially relegated to alternate status and HAD to give up credentials, etc. because they went to Schwikert. This had nothing to do with USAG or USAG having a "bad taste in their mouth". No other choice.

It is unfortunate that White had to give this up BUT in 2000 IOC no longer recognized alternates, once White was replaced she was essentially relegated to alternate status and HAD to give up credentials, etc. because they went to Schwikert. This had nothing to do with USAG or USAG having a "bad taste in their mouth". No other choice.

I think the point was that USAG was not happy with Morgan having to lose literally everything, so they have been deliberately avoiding replacing Olympians with alternates since then if they could help it. Like it "left a bad taste in their mouth" that the USOC didn't let her keep her clothes at least.

Carey and Lee would both be fine backups in the events they wouldn’t be slated to do in team final. No one has bars good enough to move ahead of Lee/Chiles/Biles to be used in team final. Carey can be emergency backup there.

Though Chiles/Carey both have fine back-up beam routines, someone to do beam instead of using Carey or Chiles in team final is what they need. Whomever of Sumanseekara/Roberson/Rivera finishes highest/shows consistency over the 2 nights on beam I think is it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back