2023 Worlds WAG Qualifications Subs 8-9 (Monday 10/02) GER, HUN, FIN, JPN, CZE, ARG, Finnegan

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I mean some things are better, but yeah, it’s a stretch. I know it sounds crazy but I do enjoy some German rap / hip-hop sometimes

Finnegan sitting in 20th in the AA. On the bubble for making AA finals.

Germany are probably going to miss Olympic qualification by a couple of tenths. That has to be painful. At least when it’s a few points, everyone doesn’t have to torture themselves remembering each hopped landing.

Yeah agreed but some German hip hop borders on cringe.

Plus, they had 2 top athletes go down within the last few weeks. They should still be proud.

Czifra beats Szekely by one tenth. Szekely can still get th e bars spot though.

Tanskanen is the top Finn but it won’t be enough. Very disappointing for that team to probably end up getting no one to the Olympics.

Who is left…China/Japan/France…any other strong AA’ers not on teams?

Are we sure France are going to hit well enough to beat Germany?

HUSH! we will not jinx her who does not need us to jinx her

Fair enough but if you check out Yung Hurn, an Austrian rapper, you’ll see that their attempts are the most glaring extreme of cringe.

It does highlight the weakness of their program that they are so reliant on such a small number of gymnasts. From bronze at Euros to this in barely over a year. Kim Bui really hasn’t been replaced never mind the injuries

omg you did not just call an Austrian rapper German. Gurl you’re not getting back in the country. weren’t you going to, btw?

For some countries, it shows the reliance on one or two individuals. I’m still scratching my head at CAN not taking Olsen. The Cheng alone would probably have them at a possible TF place - but I guess a Yurchenko full was a better option. They may be the WAG equivalent to the AUS MAG program.

Last edited:
I’d love to see that scratch German team make it. Just don’t think France are going to tank quite that badly.

Sorry meant German language lol

Yeah they’re gonna void my visa for that one lol 😔

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back