2023 World Champions MAG Qualifications Subdivisions 5-6 & Paris Team Qualifiers (Sunday 10/01)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think live scores have stopped working because of course they have.

I’d rather the working stream so I won’t complain too much

I forgot about Benjamin Osberger. He was 2nd on floor at the Paris WC, so he could be a potential finalist. Pretty hoppy, I think Hepworth is safe for now.

Korea are going to need a big floor rotation to secure a berth. A 42 even would put them below the Netherlands.

Last edited:
So with one rotation to go, Italy are looking good for team finals.

France need about 41.1 to beat the Netherlands, 40.5 to beat Ukraine. But they are finishing on Pommels.

South Korea need about 42.3 to beat the Netherlands or 41.7 to beat Ukraine. They’re on floor, so it’s doable, but the Koreans are in some bother here.

France are fucked, then. They’re stinking up pommels and will have to count a 12.

13.633, so Korea lose to Brazil by half a tenth. Imagine your Olympic qualification coming down to that. It’s a cruel sport, as Mitch once said.

eta- in fact two and a half tenths, as Brazil are 13th… but I think the principle still applies.

Last edited:
Yay for Ukraine!!

Belgium gets a +1 spot. A better day for for the non-Milad Kazakhs and that could’ve been theirs :confused: Israel was less than a tenth behind Belgium…that’s gotta suck.

Last edited:
I was hoping Canada could secure a Paris full team but had no idea they could make team finals and maybe challenge for a medal!

That’s the most shocking moment of this meet. Plus France finishing 19th.

Belgium men have a bunch of young guys. I think they will be in the hunt for Los Angeles as a full team.

Crazy no full teams from
Brazil or Korea.

Non-nominative spots to Brazil, South Korea and Belgium.

AA qualifiers for Paris will be

Milad Karimi (Kazakhstan)
Artem Dolgopyat (Israel)
Artur Davtyan (Armenia)
Krisztofer Meszaros (Hungary)
Lee Junho (South Korea)
Diogo Soares (Brazil)
Luka van den Keybus (Belgium)
Andrei Muntean (Romania)

None of the apparatus spots are 100% confirmed yet, but Carlos Yulo is certain to get one - most likely FX, unless he gets into the PB final as a reserve.

Last edited:
None of the apparatus spots are 100% confirmed yet, but Carlos Yulo is certain to get one - most likely FX, unless he gets into the PB final as a reserve.
Penev should be set for VT, no? Ukraine qualified as a team and Davtyan qualified through the AA. Well, I guess Nin Reyes and Mirvaliev could challenge if there’s any withdrawals from vault final.

Noah Kuavita would get the PB spot if Yulo gets the FX one I think.

HB will be Mariano vs Srbic, then SR/PH are going to be a dog fight.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back