2023 Worlds WAG Qualifications Sub 10 + Paris Qualifiers (Monday 10/02) FRA, CHN

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I really thought Mexico would have a better showing, but am not at all surprised about Romania. If anything I kind of expected more from them. This is a group with big A-game mentality and they’ve been looking pretty great all year, even with some nagging injuries to Ghigoarta

Yeah, I’d actually argue China are pursuing a 3 event rather than 2 event strategy now.

The one thing is, it doesn’t leave them with a great deal of leeway. They were 1.3 ahead of Brazil, who have lots more room to improve and would make the majority of that up with a hit bars routine from Rebeca.

China does not even have an UB/BB approach. There is no strategy that exists in China to just do good on two events and “forget” the others. They’ve literally been dragging in multiple foreign coaches for 7 years now trying to improve on VT and FX.

ZYQ is second on beam and ZQY is third. On bars, QQY is first. So three individual medals. Plus on bars, HZF is right there in 4th. UB EF is interesting because should the top four hit, no one can beat them
And if wishes were fishes, we’d all be casting nets and rich. Let’s not get ahead of things and start minting medals for the headcase-ist team to ever headcase in this sport. There’s still a lot of competition left.

So vault is either Bacskay or Sandoval
bars is Szekely or Jauch
beam is Perez
floor is Voss or Casabueno

only clear one is beam

also looks like Adalsteinsdottier is gonna get the triparte, finished 66th all around because Brown finished 82nd

agreed. My comment was in response to onodian asking how many medals they would’ve won if today was EF.

Yes isn’t that literally why they offered Liang Chow big money to go back?

Olympic individual qualifiers through the AA, as per the Gymternet twitter

Kaylia Nemour ALG
Pauline Schäfer GER
Alexa Moreno MEX
Filipa Martins POR
Aleah Finnegan PHI
Lili Czifra HUN
Alba Petisco ESP
Anna Lashchevksa UKR
Lena Bickel SUI
Hillary Heron PAN
Caitlin Rooskrantz RSA
Sona Artamonova CZE
Lihie Raz ISR
Lucija Hribar SLO

Did VOSS vault a full twist or a double twist? If only a full, that could be the difference between GER not going or going with a team.

Last edited:
Just a full since her d score was 4.2?
IMG_8265

Last edited:
Rifda Irfanaluthfi should get the reallocated host spot.

Germany are going to have to decide between Seitz and Kevric for their +1 spot. I’d choose Kevric, but if Seitz can get back to bars, it’s not an easy choice.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back