2023 Worlds WAG Qualifications Subs 4-5 (Monday 10/02) ESP, BEL, ROU, MEX, SWE, Nemour

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It is going to come down to Voinea but I don’t think a hit beam can get them out of this. Beam and a DTY on the other hand…

Romanian survives bars only to fall apart on beam. Strange times.

She was coming back she said, after Tokyo, but that seems to have fizzled out… I would think this is the worlds to come back if you want to give it a real try, so I’d say she’s out

12.433 with a fall is not bad actually. Maybe if Voinea stays on it is still doable

Sabrina could easily bring in 1.5 more in artistry on BB and FX combined. Such a waste.

Sabrina pushes them ahead of Korea by 0.5, 13.666

13.666 does push Romania ahead of Korea in the end.

Spain have beaten Belgium, but I kind of think they’re going to finish 16th and 17th so it won’t matter

And if only they had a world class choreographer on their team. It’s so ironic

Is it still viable for Korea to qualify, along with Mexico and France? The reason I ask is because the prospect of spending the whole winter arguing over whether Chusovitina should’ve done worlds instead of the Asian Games is pretty enticing.

Belgium isn’t going to qualify anyone to Paris here. Highest AAer is just a 49.832. I think Derwael is all but officially out of Paris contention now.

Last edited:
Who is left? Brazil, China, France and Japan should take four Paris spots unless they have a disaster.
Germany, Mexico, Australia should have a shot, we’ll know after this sun if Mexico is above them. I’m probably missing a team because I always do.

Last edited:
Could still be enough. I think they should have put Jutta Verkest up on bars though. 12.533 would have moved her ahead of Pinxten, and she scored 13 at Euros.

Alba Petisco won the Spanish 1 per country contest with a 50.965, seven tenths ahead of Laura Casabuena.

They would need one of Australia, Brazil, China or Japan to flop. Plus not be beaten by Germany.

Jennifer Williams of Sweden is stunning. I’d give her the Longines prize if it still existed.

I didn’t expect Nemour to put up multiple E passes.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back