2023 Worlds WAG Qualifications Subs 8-9 (Monday 10/02) GER, HUN, FIN, JPN, CZE, ARG, Finnegan

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Pinxten’s 49.832 is the number to beat for the remaining individuals.

With them and China in the same subdivision, I suppose they’ll be playing hot potato with the potential for a meltdown.

If we believe Korea will be the last team to qualify, individual qualification for Paris looks like this with two subdivisions to go:

AA: (15 spots assuming the host country spot will be redistributed)

Nemour 53.699
Schäfer-Betz 52.731
Moreno 52.331
Martins 51.965
Finnegan 51.366
Czifra 51.365
Petisco 50.965
Lashchevska 50.666
Bickel 50.632
Heron 50.599
Rooskrantz 50.099
Raz 49.999
Hribar 49.965
Pinxten 49.832
Williams 49.832

Apparatus spots at the moment are

VT: Bacskay (HUN) 13.500
UB: Szekely (HUN) 13.866
BB: Perez (ESP) 12.966
FX: Voss (GER) 13.200

Hungary can’t actually get two apparatus spots though

Did they decide Heron counted for the AA despite not being at the event with an AA spot?

Did they decide Heron counted for the AA despite not being at the event with an AA spot?
Lauren reported that the FIG changed their initial statement that she was not eligible due to having 2 AAers from Panama qualifying out of continental and made an exemption allowing her to count for AA score. Probably because the rules for this didn’t explicitly state the original statement.

So would Bacskay get the spot since she is ranked higher in her event? That would give the UB spot to Bauch?

South Africa can do no worse that 21st at this point!
They are ahead of Finland, Taiwan, and Austria.
They might be able to stay ahead of Czechia and Argentina as well.

If she makes EF, then yes I think.

If not, then I think it would go to Szekely since more gymnasts competed bars than did 2 vaults. That is, if I understand correctly the process that @J175 explained during men’s prelims.

There cant be many more gymnasts doing two, surely?
ETA: Vlkova of Czechia and Devillard for France are left.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back