2023 Worlds WAG Qualifications Subs 4-5 (Monday 10/02) ESP, BEL, ROU, MEX, SWE, Nemour

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It looked like she touched the board but not the horse. I don’t think she could’ve gotten anything but a 0 after that. Maybe I mis-saw.

It’s a bit early to say, but I think Romania might be OK. Can Hungary without Kovacs beat that score? Because if not Romania are going to Paris.

Kovacs was essential to Hungary’s bid. They don’t have anyone to replace the 14s she brought on VT/UB, and she is capable of mid 13s on BB/FX. It’s such a shame she got injured.

Last edited:
Kind of looks like Voinea’s run was off. Camelia is having quite the fit, huh?

Rooting for the Romanians, especially Cosman. Shes done most of her training and competition in Michigan. When she was a little level 3 and 4 she used to wear ALL the glitter hairspray and it was so funny and adorable. Not sure if she is spending more time in Romania, or still mostly MI, she didn’t really do the DEV circuit this season. Kaia Tanskanen from MI is also competing for Finland here, so exciting times for Michigan gym people.

I mean, I guess it’s good she didn’t chuck it anyway and risk injury, but damn.

Surprised by Nemour’s E score. Her kip cast handstands are shy but I honestly feel like WTC wrote in 30 degrees of leeway on KCHs and then let every single judge ignore that detail, cuz… how else are we getting to 7.9 E score on this lovely, super dynamic routine with a stuck dismount?

The worse pirouette angle I saw was 3 tenths on her in-bar full before the dismount.

She does need to nix that dismount sequence. In no way is it wortb doing in combination.

I would argue the cast before the Maloney also looked borderline to me?

ETA: but yeah, I have no idea what they’re deducting here, other than a lowish dismount and the handstand angles. Certainly no other amplitude executions for her

Last edited:
I mean I absolutely agree that a deduction was probably taken, but 30 degrees is really a lot of leeway. But I think that’s being ignored. She should have been in the clear – but even a really terrible 120 degree cast handstand is supposed to get just a tenth off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It just looks so amateurish when they have all the amazing releases and other skills and can’t cast a handstand straight up. (Or closer than that pic anyway). It is why i hate most of the russian orphan halfs, they don’t even try to go vertical.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back