2023 Worlds WAG Qualifications Subs 4-5 (Monday 10/02) ESP, BEL, ROU, MEX, SWE, Nemour

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Moreno OOB on her second vault but qualifies 4th, behind Yeo and Gadirova, ahead of Roberson

Swedish team might have the best toepoints in the competition. Shame about the falls.

The difficulty and consistency isn’t there, but they are doing something great in Sweden. I’m excited for their future. 8s in execution on floor with errors in the first two exercises.

Last edited:
México in a bit of a hole after bars. They’d have wanted more to compensate for beam coming up.

This changing rotations song is starting to annoy the shit out of me.

Last edited:
Mexico in a big hole on beam. This last routine really has to be a hit to give them a chance

Edit: another fall, think that’s it for Mexico

Last edited:
Worse for Mexico, with Escalera having a disaster on beam Moreno is going to take the AA spot

Really nice routine, too, for qualifications. Looked like she was being being a bit careful on her handstands before her big connections, as in better to be short than to overdo it, and I think that served her well.

Mexico needs a 41,399 to catch Romania. Would be the second highest fx after USA. I don’t see that happening. Catching up with South Korea will be a hell of a job too

Last edited:
Impressed with Mexico. Maybe not Paris this time, but I’m sure we’ll see more of these gymnasts.

I just woke up! Where are we? End of sub 5? Anything juicy?

Nemour will be in the AA final as well, and qualifies to Paris by the AA route.

Mexico will probably finish 13-15th. Moreno will qualify through the AA.

Very close between the three Swedish gymnasts separated by just .233. Jennifer Williams came out on top but will have a long wait to see if 49.832 (tied with Erika Pinxten but Pinxten wins the tiebreak) will be enough.

Happy for Nemour. Bummed for Belgium. Why did Voinea take a 0 on vault?

She ran past the vault and then decided to skip and got a DNS

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back