2023 Worlds WAG All Around Final (Friday 10/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Maybe it’s very unfair cause I’m expecting more of her, but for someone with such a crazy acrobatic talent, it just feels empty to me. I’d rather watch Blakely or Shilese any day frankly.

But Simone’s never been know for doing difficult skills on beam. The lack of actual difficulty skills on the beam, and total lack of amplitude one what she does do, has been one of my criticisms of her going back to when Aimee was her coach.
There was the barani, which is very hard. But it was also bloody awful, which I suppose proves your point.

Shilese doesn’t have her number on her leo. She’s about to be deducted on her best beam ever.

The LO series feels like it might not be worth it tho. Is she getting E credit?

Qiu is all smiles but that can’t warm my cold cold heart, I can’t stand this routine.

1. Simone Biles USA 43.866
  2. Shilese Jones USA 42.932
  3. Rebeca Andrade BRA 42.700
  4. Qiu Qiyuan CHN 41.599
  5. Kaylia Nemour ALG 41.200
  6. Alice Kinsella GBR 40.799
  7. Eythora Thorsdottir NED 40.532
  8. Flavia Saraiva BRA 40.499

Alice hanging in there for a big mistake from the top 3… eta, oh wait, that is a 2 point spread, 2 big mistakes.

Last edited:
But Simone’s never been know for doing difficult skills on beam. The lack of actual difficulty skills on the beam, and total lack of amplitude one what she does do, has been one of my criticisms of her going back to when Aimee was her coach.
Maybe it’s very unfair cause I’m expecting more of her, but for someone with such a crazy acrobatic talent, it just feels empty to me. I’d rather watch Blakely or Shilese any day frankly.
I agree with both of you, though I will say it isn’t unfair to expect more of Simone on beam. She invokes a higher standard imposed upon her. It’s honestly very noticeable that she doesn’t have any dynamic acrobatics on beam. Not a standing full, not a 1/1 layout, an Arabian, something. Her barani was questionable at best and finally had to be removed because it was a fall risk.

Alice hanging in there for a big mistake from the top 3…
Frustrating that she gave so much away on vault and bars, and then from the first half of her beam routine. But she could easily repeat as 4th.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back