2023 Worlds WAG All Around Final (Friday 10/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Vt scoring looks like it’s gone back to ???¿¿¿¿¿??? after a while where it was more or less predictable live (for me at least)

It irritates me that they play “Another One Bites the Dust” in the arena when someone falls. Probably not planned though just not thinking.

Has to be deliberate the 4th-6th times.

Last edited:
I love Saraiva, but they have really gone out of their way to remove all of the interesting content from her beam routine.
Other than her ring elements, I have never understood why people think Saravia is so special on beam. Good, but not great.

Reactions: Dex
There must be something more interesting they can do with Andrade beam? come to think of it, anybody? beam routines seem pretty lackluster these days.

Is my audio messed up or is it her music?

ETA: Audio, sorry

Last edited:
There must be something more interesting they can do with Andrade beam? come to think of it, anybody? beam routines seem pretty lackluster these days.
Blame the code. Why bother with something risky and/or original when the code is written in such a way that makes certain combos compulsory. Sucks, but this is a code issue, not a coaching one.

Last edited:
The fact that the beam routine of the greatest gymnast known for big skills is desolate aside from the dismount really shows this.
It just doesn’t pay to do the harder series. Do the bhs-loso and not the bhs-Arabian with the wobble. I understand it must be a balance, but it seems the balance shifted too much in the other direction

Agree on the general points about beam, but disagree with Simone being an exemplar here. I like her beam from this code more than any before. The aggressive mount sequence – one of the relative high points of this code’s new innovations for several gymnasts – and her speedy approach make it exciting to watch for me despite there not being say, a barani. But still, the LOSO series, dismount, etc are great to watch.

Last edited:
The fact that the beam routine of the greatest gymnast known for big skills is desolate aside from the dismount really shows this.
But Simone’s never been know for doing difficult skills on beam. The lack of actual difficult skills on the beam, and total lack of amplitude in what she does do, has been one of my criticisms of her going back to when Aimee was her coach.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back