2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 1: MAG FX, PH, SR & WAG VT/UB (Saturday 10/07)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Does seem to be what the code wants. Don’t do easy gymnastics (“easy”), do hard and ugly.
Two gymnasts are out of the final because of warm-up injuries on the Cheng, and now they downgrade a perfectly fine Lopez and give a medal (maybe a title) to a gymnast who came nowhere near landing one of her vaults.

Two gymnasts are out of the final because of warm-up injuries on the Cheng, and now they downgrade a perfectly fine Lopez and give a medal (maybe a title) to a gymnast who came nowhere near landing one of her vaults
yay vt code!

Can you do an inquiry on vault for D score? Or only on other events?

To be honest, though, I’m more scared of Simone doing her Amanar again after the last Olympics, so it’s like damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.

Last edited:
Two gymnasts are out of the final because of warm-up injuries on the Cheng, and now they downgrade a perfectly fine Lopez and give a medal (maybe a title) to a gymnast who came nowhere near landing one of her vaults.
Don’t forget that one gymnast is this final is there because of an administrative error and now has a nominative Olympic spot. Go FIG!

To be honest, though, I’m more scared of Simone doing her Amanar again after the last Olympics, so it’s like damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.
She could just not do a 2nd vault. No reason she has to contest every event, and I think ASac will probably relax any 2 vault provisions in her case.

Might be a matter of pride.
I mean, I’m sure Simone would prefer to do a 2nd vault if that’s a workable option for her, but it’s not going to be her priority over being ready for the AA and TFs is it? She wasn’t even sure she was doing a 2nd vault this season initially.

I guess the panel wants to see the arch in the Lopez like Miyata just showed. This has never been a requirement for layout vaults before.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back