2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 1: MAG FX, PH, SR & WAG VT/UB (Saturday 10/07)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I agree the .4 difference between the DTY and Amanar have essentially made Amanars close to extinct. We rarely see them now.
,6 difference would be a better option I think because there is more reward to the risk. But FIG seems obsessed with keeping a ratio in effect. A DTY is .4 more difficult that a 1 1/2. But an Amanar is not .4 more difficult than a DTY.

@Denn I like having a wide separation of possible D-score. It has to be that way to accurately reward the difficulty of every upgrade in a routine. Simone is already at 2.2 D-score advantage on vault with the current YDP rating compared to a FTY. Using the restructured start values, she’d be at about 2.5 with a YDP + Cheng “routine” compared to the 2-vault routine people like Qiu would be doing. Not much difference.

Simone is also already capable of 2.5 D-score advantage on Floor compared to the weakest routines we see in AA final, if she really wanted to do max difficulty there.

Last edited:
I didn’t check, but if my proposal is giving her a 2.5 D-score advantage, I feel like that’s plenty. That’s more than two falls.

The 2.5 is for the new vault restructuring I was a suggesting, where each vault individually would have a much lower start value and the 2 vaults would be added together.

Currently a YDP + Cheng averaged would be 6.0, compared to 4.3 for a FTY + Tsuk 1/1 averaged, so a 1.7 difference.

My proposal would have

YDP + Cheng = 6.0 + 0.7 bonus = 6.7
FTY + Tsuk 1/1 = 4.3 + 0.4 bonus = 4.7

That’s two points. Still two falls away.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back