2023 World Championship Event Finals Day 1: MAG FX, PH, SR & WAG VT/UB (Saturday 10/07)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This is what I wondered too.

Having just seen the vault now, Simone didn’t look unsafe there. She’s also probably going to get a medal. Maybe they have an agreement he’ll only step in if there’s a danger, because most of the time Simone is still going to medal if she just crashes.
Definitely. A small overrotation like this is not dangerous. It makes perfect sense for Laurent not to do anything. And I agree, they’ve probably talked this through and I don’t think it’s up to us to decide if Laurent standing there was “useless”

Last edited:
This is what I wondered too.

Having just seen the vault now, Simone didn’t look unsafe there. She’s also probably going to get a medal. Maybe they have an agreement he’ll only step in if there’s a danger, because most of the time Simone is still going to medal if she just crashes.
Stepping in is dangerous for both of them. She has tremendous force coming down. Unless she misses a hand or is otherwise seriously under rotated, it’s safer for her to take a controlled fall. But if she is under rotated, better for him to be able to stop her from landing on her neck

This works for me. Yes, it says geoblocked but Press play and it works for me. I’m in the states.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back