2020 Men's Artistic Gymnastics Qualifications (Saturday, July 24, 2020)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

That was raggedy as shit from Max. I thought he was going off at one point. Mind you I always think that even when he wins, so maybe that’ll be the best scoring routine of the entire Games.

Reactions: Bob
Probably still enough then? I don’t know the field that well, but google says that would’ve qualified him 5th at 2019 worlds and I can’t think of 6 better than that still to come. Not exactly a commanding performance though.

Gianni fell, I guess that’s him out of the AA then.

ETA- GB are 4th

Last edited:
Giarnni 2per’d out of the AA. I must say i was very impressed with Joe Fraser - he’s seriously upped his game in the AA.

I pretty excited for the final. It’s will be interesting to see which team can keep a strong performance on all six events.

Is there anywhere we can get full results after 2 subs? No joy on the FIG or official Olympics sites.

Cut offs for event finals leading into the final sub division:

Floor - 14.666
Horse - 14.666
Rings - 14.400
Vault - 14.000
PBars - 15.233
HBar - 14.333

GRM is currently 8th on FX and VT. If only he hit his second vault.

Gutted Kaya didn’t make AA but pleased Petrounias and Max are through to EF.

You wanna PB EF? you better work, bitch

I’m thrilled that Zapata will be going to FX EF. Also, how surprising is hashimoto leading AA? Cause that was nowhere in my books, although my MAG books are pretty outdated and mostly who do I think looks good, so I might miss important people

Glad it’s working for people. Turns out Eurosport/Discovery have the European streaming rights so that’s why the beeb is so limited on the red button/iplayer compared to previous Olympics.

Good to know, but would it have killed them to make that clear instead of saying they’ve got a stream that they actually haven’t? Still, I’m pleased with the Discovery subscription. And with this info in mind, I’d advise everyone who can to sign up for the free trial. If they had this level of coverage for things like worlds and Euros too I would absolutely keep it for the £30.

Anyway, checking in for sub 3. May not be around for all of it though.

eta- twitter is saying this is not just prelims but across the Games per se? In which case I think I’ll keep it.

Last edited:
Why isn’t the Team USA tracker feed working?!? It still says coverage to begin shortly. If there’s still this issue for the women, I’m going to be so mad.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back