2020 Men's Artistic Gymnastics Qualifications (Saturday, July 24, 2020)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

They aren’t saving anything if they don’t have a camera crew there. Why….

ear lord that NBC intro of the US men’s team was… a choice.
Interested Spock GIF by Star Trek

I missed the beginning of the primetime broadcast. Dare I ask what NBC did?

NBC prime time skipped P Bars & Rings completely. Showed some of high bar, floor and vault - just the Americans and not all of them on each event. Showed the end of Yoder’s pommels routine (none of the others were shown at all). I am so upset - Alec had one of THOSE Olympic moments, and he deserved better from NBC.

I expect no less from NBC Sports. I can’t wait for tonight’s coverage of WAG qualifications. They’ll show Jade Carey running down the vault runway. Then right as she hits the springboard, they’ll cut to riveting footage of Simone Biles putting on her tracksuit.

I personally can’t wait for Nastia to breathlessly try to assure us that Simone is fine, that she is still the GOAT, that Team USA was just a “little off” but that nothing is wrong, nothing to see here, except keep watching, please, NBC needs the money to keep paying me!

The men absolutely got the shaft in coverage. I think they showed more of Russia and China in the afternoon broadcast than they did of the US men in primetime.

(also, I am guessing there will be a million and a half commercials because I am thinking women’s gymnastics time is where they sold the most ad space for the most money)

Last edited:
They should have not bothered putting MAG qualification on primetime. The primetime audience isn’t interested in it. More routines on daytime coverage would have been better.

Sorry if this question was already answered, but the official tie break has Rhys and Kohei Kameyama still tied at 2nd place on PH.

My question is who gets what spot in pommel finals. 2nd was supposed to go last with 3rd supposed to 1st. That is a huge issue and can be the difference between gold and silver or even no medal at all.

@Denn
@OnoNoKomachi
@Doug1233

Last edited:
Sorry, my friend. I don’t know.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back