2020 Men's Artistic Gymnastics Qualifications (Saturday, July 24, 2020)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’ve succumbed and signed up for Discovery - I can’t be doing with a meltdown in the middle of the night for the Women’s qualifications.

That was a very clean rotation for the US and a good start, everything looked pretty easy. They’re a tenth ahead of GB in the race for 4th. Someone who knows more than me will have to tell us how the two are expected to match up on each event.

eta- apparently Yul fell off. I missed that!

Last edited:
Inside Gymnastics Twitter says that the US women are there to watch.

Now the Team USA tracker feed works, but it’s the same stream but international commentary. I also looked on Peacock and didn’t see anything live. So dumb.

Good start from Shane on high bar.

Brody apparently hit high bar for fourth currently.

Last edited:
Scrappy display from the US men on HB so far tbh. Sam shouldn’t be in the final with that unless he has a colossal D score I’ve failed to notice.

Ugh, Sam fell (probably twice) on high bar. His score just posted. I guess Sam is going to Sam. On the other hand, I rather him hit in team finals than now?

Last edited:
Hmm…International Gymnast says no actual falls, just very poor execution throughout. Close releases, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, he barely kept going after the Tkatchev half (that was really only not very mixed grip) but I can’t see that it would’ve been a fall on the apparatus. He just looked… winded. Everything laboured, close caught, bent legs in the dismount.

eta- US men 2 event total on PB and HB is behind GB now.

Last edited:
The Peacock live coverage is working just fine for me - Bridget Sloan and John Rothlesbuger are commentating. Showing quite a few non-USA routines as well.

Brody was very bouncy, and barely went oob on his second pass.

Some of Sam’s passes were great; others had hops.

Last edited:
Yeah well over a point, basically because of floor. GB won high bar and US parallel bars by a tenth or so in both cases. I would assume the US will lose that on pommels, having said that. GB were 2nd to China by a few tenths.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back