2023 Worlds WAG Qualifications Sub 10 + Paris Qualifiers (Monday 10/02) FRA, CHN

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, that was good! I’m not quite ready to drag my expectations of them up out of the cellar, but it was an impressive performance.

but isn’t it a rebuttal of this ub/bb approach? I mean, they did a phenomenal job and they’re sitting in 3rd right now. isn’t the message that forgetting vt and fx doesn’t pay?

Draw for EF

VT
Biles
Devillard
Gadirova
Miyata
Moreno
Roberson
Yeo
Andrade

UB
Jones
Nemour
Huang
Black/Charpy
Visser
Qiu
Veerman
Biles

BB
Ashikawa
Schaefer
Zhang
Biles
Zhou
Gadirova
Jones
Andrade

FX
Jones
Saraiva
Visser
Biles
Gadirova
Andrade
Zhou
Voinea

Last edited:

Australia, Korea, and Romania will be thrilled. South Africa should also be thrilled with their placement.
Spain, Belgium, Germany will be disappointed. Mexico also disappointed. Hungary came close as well.
Korea and Romania did a great job, but are also fortunate that Hungary lost Kovacs otherwise it would have been very close.
Germany losing out on by less than .2 has got to sting. They came super close even without Seitz and Malewski.

I think the goal was to qualify to Paris and make as many EF as possible. China’s two best FX workers are on this Worlds team, and they were never gonna make VT finals with Zhang Jin. So I think it very much paid off. They’ll have better team placement next year when they’ve got all their A team to choose from for the Olympics

I mean, they haven’t medalled for 5 years. Most likely they’d be very pleased with bronze. Plus tbh, their problems recently have been consistency. They’d still have got 3rd in Tokyo if they’d managed to repeat their totally mediocre prelims vault rotation. You can get away with one really weak event if you make it up elsewhere, and 5th on floor isnt so bad really.

These results would confirm the UB/BB approach I’d have to think. Being able to win a medal in the team event and 4 event medals is better than any other country besides USA is doing.

but isn’t it a rebuttal of this ub/bb approach? I mean, they did a phenomenal job and they’re sitting in 3rd right now. isn’t the message that forgetting vt and fx doesn’t pay?
FX didn’t end up as dire as we thought though…China was 5th on FX today and Zhou Yaquin made floor finals.

Let’s wait and see for these 4 event medals shall we? If qualis were EF it would be two medals, right? We will see at the end of Worlds I guess.

ZYQ is second on beam and ZQY is third. On bars, QQY is first. So three individual medals. Plus on bars, HZF is right there in 4th. UB EF is interesting because should the top four hit, no one can beat them

AA groups

VT: Biles, Jones, Gadirova, Andrade, Black, Saraiva
UB: Esposito, Qiu, Ou, MDJDS, Visser, Nemour
BB: Achampong, Godwin, D’Amato, Barbosu, Schaefer, Lee
FX: Moreno, Voss, Thorsdottir, Kishi, Hatakeda, Martins

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back