2023 Worlds WAG All Around Final (Friday 10/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There was no formal update for Jess, but Alice alluded to her withdrawing because of something that happened on vault. Presumably she crashed the Cheng again. With that in mind I don’t expect to see her tomorrow. Ellie could end up in two finals.
I hope Joscelyn is okay and we’ll see her tomorrow.
But if not, and if Gadirova is really out of vault EF… then Wong is in.

I hope Joscelyn is okay and we’ll see her tomorrow.
But if not, and if Gadirova is really out of vault EF… then Wong is in.
Given the crutches, I think Jocelyn is out and so Leanne would be replacing her. If she’s not and Jess is, it’d be Ellie.

Was Ou injured? I’ve not seen any update for Roberson yet. Horrible for all of them.
Ou Yushan was limping after Team Finals. She withdrew from the All Around Final because the pain in her foot became too severe to continue to on.

Ou Yushan was limping after Team Finals. She withdrew from the All Around Final because the pain in her foot became too severe to continue to on.
I somehow missed this, hope she is OK too. Too many injuries, it’s like 2017.

Given the crutches, I think Jocelyn is out and so Leanne would be replacing her. If she’s not and Jess is, it’d be Ellie.
Ellie was 9th, so she is first replacement. If Josc is out too, then Leanne.
But she said something along the lines ‘I am okay, it was just for safety’, and no one so far confirmed she withdrew… So we’ll see.

Ellie was 9th, so she is first replacement. If Josc is out too, then Leanne.
But she said something along the lines ‘I am okay, it was just for safety’, and no one so far confirmed she withdrew… So we’ll see.
Which ‘she’ sorry? Jess or Josc? I’ve just realised how similar their names are!

Interesting.

There was no formal update for Jess, but Alice alluded to her withdrawing because of something that happened on vault. Presumably she crashed the Cheng again. With that in mind I don’t expect to see her tomorrow. Ellie could end up in two finals.
Interview here:

Best case scenario is whatever happened was so close to going out they didn’t have time to look at it, I suppose.

Last edited:
I hope she’s healthy and not too injured. It would be a shame if she’s done.

Last edited:
Gutted for Gadirova but I utterly adore this top 8. So happy for Thorsdottir in particular and well impressed with Kinsella.

Rewatching that floor trip does not get old 🤣

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back