2023 Worlds WAG All Around Final (Friday 10/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I loved Simone crying happy tears on the victory podium. So sweet to see how much her performance meant to her.

And I loved Silivas giving Simone her medal while the other two medalists got no namers. 😅

Last edited:
WTF just happened? Who cursed three of the four apparatus? I thought that Jones destroyed one of the horcruxes with her second pass, but then Biles tripped.

Anyway, great podium and great history making performance from Biles.

Did you see her post-podium interview?

“I’ve had something in my eye for the past 4 hours” lol
She adorably tried not to embarrass the interviewer but she clearly was telling Jones at the end of the medal ceremony that she wasn’t crying because of winning, she actually had something in her eye.

I loved Simone crying happy tears on the victory podium. So sweet to see how much her performance meant to her.
She wasn’t crying though. There was something in her right eye

She adorably tried not to embarrass the interviewer but she clearly was telling Jones at the end of the medal ceremony that she wasn’t crying because of winning, she actually had something in her eye.
She’s very good at interviews, that’s for sure.

So Gadirova has yet to withdraw from BB but withdrew from AA, VT, and FX? Kinda surprising

At least we got to see Gadirova’s amazing floor in team finals with the impeccable Moors. Paris is obviously way more important, but one imagines she could have earned two more World medals, possibly three if beam is its usual mess.

Shilese doesn’t have her number on her leo. She’s about to be deducted on her best beam ever.
Her coach held up the BIB before beam.
She was allowed (via the rules) not to wear the BIB when requested by the athlete.

Given the situation with the BIB coming undone during the TF it made sense to not have it for BB.

I think the BIB coming undone distracted Jones and they didn’t want to risk it in the AA final.

Last edited:
Yep, we were talking about how it should always be allowed to do that. No reason to make people wear bibs. Just have the coach show the number to the judges beforehand.

Last edited:
Her coach held up the BIB before beam.
She was allowed (via the rules) not to wear the BIB when requested by the athlete.

Given the situation with the BIB coming undone during the TF it made sense to not have it for BB.

I think the BIB coming undone distracted Jones and they didn’t want to risk it in the AA final.
And then she did the best beam routine of her career! She didn’t even make the team finals line-up last year, and this year she could medal with a similarly hit routine tomorrow. She’s scored 14 twice now.

Interesting, in that the official stance by the FIG WTC re: bib number is:

They (the athlete) must wear the bib number supplied by the Organizing Committee
– With approval of her written request, the gymnast may remove the
number in rare cases of back spins on the Balance Beam and Floor.
The number must be displayed to the D-Panel at the start of the exercise.

@FrolovasDoubleLayout Yes, there’s no back spin in her routine, it’s yet another example of the written rules not being followed. In this case it’s a “good” thing, but there are plenty of people who go on their back during a beam routine. I bet a lot of other competitors wish beforehand they were allowed to take it off too.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back