2023 Worlds MAG All Around Final (Thursday 10/05)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Just want to point out that although this is the first World AA medal for the U.S. men since 2010, Danell Leyva won an Olympic AA medal in 2012. Still, that was 11 years ago.
I thought of this same thing when he said that, too.

Yeah that was the year Leyva was counted out by many.

Can you keep these comments to yourself for the rest of the competition please? 😉 An American friend brought over my favourite sweets and I said I’d crack them open if GB win a medal. It’s not going well so far.
You had the perfect excuse to open them anyway, how else are you going to console yourself? When life gives you lemons…

Saying that, I love this podium. Especially Kovtun medalling after qualifying 19th. But that seems to be the thing in the sport now. Everyone winning historic bronzes in one year and getting nowhere near TFs the next, or vice versa.

Last edited:
What makes me happy about Kovtun getting silver is that it proves he was NOT a one-hit wonder at age 18. A lot of people thought that was a post-Olympic fluke that he got that medal, but he’s really a very, very good all-arounder, and I think he will continue to place top 6 over and over for years to come.

Do we all think that Zhang Boheng would have likely reclaimed the World AA title?

Even taking away the score inflation from the Asian Games AA scores a couple weeks ago, it seems that a similar day would have been enough to beat Hashimoto squarely, due to Hashimoto’s stumbles on floor exercise.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back