2023 Worlds MAG All Around Final (Thursday 10/05)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wow, that was exciting to watch! So many up and down moments. I wish I could hear what Fred’s coach was telling him during Hashimoto’s HB routine. I’m so happy he medaled!

I mean all three are under 21 no? Kovtun is also 20?

I’m a MAG fan so I’ve followed him. He’s prominent on social media too.

Just landed back in the US and promptly looked at the results. AHHHHHHHHH! Go Fred!

It was a very exciting competition. It’s never over until the last one is done but after Sun Wei’s 2 falls that was it.

ETA: Fred is the first USA man to medal in the AA since 2010? WOW.

Last edited:
The score board drives me crazy. The score is up
for one second.
Honestly it’s harder to follow the competition in the arena than at home. The number of times our row is asking “did you catch x’s score?”. I’ve ran out of data as well so that doesn’t help.

He’s coming for this bronze…
Can you keep these comments to yourself for the rest of the competition please? 😉 An American friend brought over my favourite sweets and I said I’d crack them open if GB win a medal. It’s not going well so far.

That vault was amazing. Expected it to score a bit higher tbh.

Another very exciting competition and I’m very happy with Hashimoto defending and Kovtun winning silver. Shame that the last rotation was so splatty that we had a fall medalling, but aside from the PH step down Richards was excellent everywhere else.

I’d like to give a shout out to Meszaros from Hungary. He impressed me on PB, HB and FX. His form and toe point stood out on floor. Missed his other routines but he finished 11th which is a very good result.

Just want to point out that although this is the first World AA medal for the U.S. men since 2010, Danell Leyva won an Olympic AA medal in 2012. Still, that was 11 years ago.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back